How many of you complained about the heat today?

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Nope. Went for a bike ride from Colindale to Hampstead and then through to Archway and back to Colindale. Sat around and watched the family build flatpack furniture whilst drinking beer and eating chicken.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    That nasty, evil ball of yellow fire in the sky causing others to have a hysterical fit of being all outdoorsy? I would complain about the menace of heat but, quite frankly, I'm about to spontaneously combust. Not from the sun, from my outrage at pleasant weather!!!

Nah, I'm enjoying it :lol:

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    No complaints from me.

Spent Saturday night sat by a lake (fishing), got home sunday lunch time, and have slept since then until now (Monday around 6-30)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Last night was horrendous. My bedroom is, easily, the hottest in the house, and yet doesn't have the sun on it in the afternoon. It doesn't make sense, but there is no disputing it. 

Hopefully cooling off a bit tomorrow. So damn humid. Glad my car has air con. 
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I tried not to complain, but as above British houses aren't generally built for heat and last night was awful. At one point I couldn't nod off to sleep as I felt like I couldn't breathe. It'll be the same tonight.

It's a different kind of heat to the only really hot place I've lived - Madrid. I lived in the centre, in an interior apartment with a very small patio (hence not molested by the sun too much) and air con. I reckon the bedroom never got above low 20s C. It may reach 40 outside on a hot day, but it feels like high 20s here as it's so dry. You just need to watch out for the strength of the sun, spend too long out in it and it knocks you out.

Most other hot places I've been to were holiday destinations. Cancun was oppressive but you expect some discomfort, and in holiday mode you don't mind a lack of sleep plus of course there is always air con.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Slept OK last night. I just draw on my years of sleeping in the backwoods of Thailand in a wooden house with no aircon in the hot season. Toasty
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I've just got back from the Azores. The humidity there is 100% - 25 degrees C out there feels more like 40. The heat here is much more bearable. No complaints at all!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    @Emp_Fab @Arktik83 It's a bit toasty! We have our apartment AC-ed to 22 -ishusually, but that's still a bit humid in these conditions. 

Car parks are not AC-ed, and the wait on the stairs for my flight tomorrow will be deeply unpleasant but otherwise it's not that bad. 

It's remarkable what you get used to; I used to struggle in anything above 25. Now I'm happy if it's 35 or so as long as there's a breeze. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28172
    Sprocket's had her second summer trim and is still melting. I assume I managed to get to sleep last night because I remember having a dream about being trapped in a giant sauna.

The workshop is nice though. Better aircon than the car. I am seriously considering getting the house air conditioned. Can't take more than ten years to save up enough.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26579
    edited June 2017
    Sporky said:

The workshop is nice though. Better aircon than the car. I am seriously considering getting the house air conditioned. Can't take more than ten years to save up enough.
    I'm disappointed. Surely you can come up with a DIY solution? You do, after all, have a workshop. Work, man!

Every year, I keep toying with the idea of running some piping 6' underground, then into the house in a radiator-style with a bunch of fans behind it. Just for my office, of course.

It'd need a pretty decent-sized pump, but I can live with that if it even takes 1 degree off the temp in my office.
    <space for hire>
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    'orrible hot sticky shitty pissy muggy weather, It should be banished to the tropics where it belongs.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28172
    Sporky said:

I'm disappointed. Surely you can come up with a DIY solution? You do, after all, have a workshop. Work, man!
    But I want it to work!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26579
    edited June 2017
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

But I want it to work!
    For what it's worth, right this second I'm building a mini-air-con unit - bunch of bottles of frozen water in a box with the front and back cut out, and some computer fans chucking the air through. Works reasonably well, but it could definitely be better...it's possible I need a better box.
    <space for hire>
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Don't mind the heat....it's the insect bites that are getting to me!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    I love it
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    scrumhalf said:
    Horrible weather.

People actually pay good money to go to places and endure this?
    Yeah this is how I feel as well.  I appreciate there might be sarcasm there but my opinion in unironic!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Iamnobody said:
    does anyone know if I should be watering my veggies if this hot dry weather persists all week?

Cold shower in the morning, wear loose fitting boxer shorts and sit with your legs apart.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    Obviously! It's usually pissing down on Manchester and suddenly it turns into Spain. That's a significant shock - I even took my coat off today....
    Hope you left the string vest on - and what about the white hanky on your head - tied in 4 corners
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    octatonic said:
    Go on, admit that you did!
    Might have done it twice!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    Out all day Sunday - big Street Fest in the sunny town of Ashbourne - I say big - For Ashbourne it is big, yet for others it is just a small gathering - Various international street entertainers you'll see at festivals, Covent Garden, London Eye, York etc etc - about 11 different acts providing superb street entertainment  - They were sweating in the heat, but we could find some shade and a few beers - Great acts - My favourite was a silent comedy act by 'The Invisible Men