SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale: 1994 Patrick Eggle Berlin Stage & original Hiscox Case £525

What's Hot
SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
edited September 2017 in Guitars £
Lovely near mint Patrick Eggle Berlin Stage in matte cherry finish, wraparound adjustable bridge, One piece mahogany body and (24 fret) neck, ebony fretboard, Seymour Duncans, coil tap, Locking Sperzels, includes near mint original Hiscox/Patrick Eggle case with key. Plays and sounds wonderfully, very lightweight, in amazing condition especially given its relative vintage, just one or two minor marks on the back edge  and a miniscule mark on the neck due to the thin matte finish. Has the original paperwork to. Very tentative sale as its a real nice guitar, looking for a bargain £550. As photo bucket is stuffed I will have to email pics until I can sort another host site. Please PM me for details. I'm located in Sheffield and work in Nottingham & London but could post at cost, £15 or so for a next day service.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Do you have any pics please?
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    Pics please
    Jon
    Pmd you
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 694
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 834
    Thanks @Darryl_Morris but it's not something I'd be after.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Can you PM me a link to pics please ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited August 2017
    Sorry for the delay hopefully this works:

http://tinypic.com/2mpn

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27474

Easy to embed ....
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers TTony

Looks very nice....you looking for anything ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    Looks very nice....you looking for anything ?
    Was looking for a sale but what have you got to trade?

No guitars sadly, got loads of other PFS and sods, but if your looking for something particular I'll go looking !

i thought I might find some sounds on U tube but not much out there on this model.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Its the tried and tested mix of mahogany body and neck paired with humbuckers.....think of an SG. Its pretty loud acoustically and you can feel the whole guitar resonate including the neck.

edited July 2017
    Just a few little observations...
    I suspect the bridge and pickups are upgrades - these were supplied with Kent Armstrongs as standard and the bridge looks different to the norm.
    The fretboard should be Rosewood and appears to be in the picture, but is described as Ebony?
    The tuners would normally be non-locking on this model so as they are locking, that's probably also an upgrade.
    Thanks Matt, i know your the resident Eggle expert around here and was going to contact you. The original paperwork with it which has the corresponding serial number notes the neck as mahogany with a solid ebony fretboard. It also notes Sperzel locking tuners as standard with non locking fitted to the Standard and Plus models. It doesnt mention the bridge, i suppose this could be a factory option or aftermarket item, either way its much better than the basic stop bar version.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27474
    notes the neck as mahogany with a solid ebony fretboard
    It just doesn't look much like ebony though ...

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but to my eye it looks the wrong colour for ebony and I'd expect ebony to be smoother.  Looks more like rosewood.  

(Which isn't a bad thing btw!)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Im no expert either just going by what the original owner and the accompanying paperwork says. Amazing how sale threads get derailed, i guess nobodys buying with the holiday season soon upon us.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not sure confirming the spec is derailing the ad, this is important for prospective buyers, and it's keeping the thread alive ;-) I'm sure it'll sell but it's only been 2 days so give it time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    I confirmed the spec in the ad based on the information in my posession including having the guitar and the accompanying literature that came with the guitar from new, Forgive me but the conjecture over the neck material was made by two people based on photos.........i reckon this thread is probably derailed as a consequence as the ambiguity becomes the focus rather than the sale of a cracking UK made guitar and case..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited July 2017
    I confirmed the spec in the ad based on the information in my posession including having the guitar and the accompanying literature that came with the guitar from new, Forgive me but the conjecture over the neck material was made by two people based on photos.........i reckon this thread is probably derailed as a consequence as the ambiguity becomes the focus rather than the sale of a cracking UK made guitar and case..
    But surely you want the buyer to be happy?

If someone buys the guitar and specifically wants an ebony neck - you are going to £30 out of pocket when you refund them the postage costs for (albeit unwittingly) misselling an item.

Just looking at the pics it has too much open grain to be ebony...

Rather than derailing the thread I think the comments are quite helpful for both you and any prospective buyer.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Withdrawn

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom