Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Think this is turning into an obsession...

What's Hot

Comments

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Freebird said:
    ellwood said:
    Left of the custom is a 2004 R8, and back right is a 2012 aged R8
    You can see I've got good taste, I wouldn't mind either of them ;)
    Thanks man. And much to @Bridgehouse and @Legionreturns these are staying! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22793

@rainer2859 ; I'm jealous of that Jeff Beck model!

Very very very nice! Ditto about the Jeff Beck...

• ellwood said:
    Having had Les Pauls off and on for a few years....I finally get them. And have recently really bonded with them. It's all I want to play now. And I'm playing a lot more because of it. 

Might need a bigger couch soon though....

Even to the point where I'm considering selling the Nash and my Raygun Relic strat (!)
    A 2013 Koa would slot nicely into that lot! ;-)

Nice collection, mate!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwood said:
    Freebird said:
    ellwood said:

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ellwood said:
    Freebird said:
    ellwood said:

Have a wisdom and a lol.

P@ss off...they are too!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    edited November 2017 tFB Trader
    Like the pics and all I can say is sofa so good

but looks like you need 2 more for a football team - then looking at your pics and formation you can play 3-5-2 - 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I understand the concept of suddenly getting Les Pauls.
    I literally woke up one morning and suddenly got Les Pauls. And then wondered why my Pre-Historic Les Paul was sat in the wardrobe unloved.

Within days....my SGs were up for sale.
    And then I got an old Les Paul.

So the bit I disagree about is the eight Les Pauls. I am  adding up the value of the eight guitars (and your Nash) and thinking what that money would buy (1 Les Paul). Sorry about that.

Like the pics and all I can say is sofa so good

but looks like you need 2 more for a football team - then looking at your pics and formation you can play 3-5-2 - 
    Funny you should say that....there are 2 Ryders still to come ;)

Skipped said:
    I literally woke up one morning and suddenly got Les Pauls. And then wondered why my Pre-Historic Les Paul was sat in the wardrobe unloved.

So the bit I disagree about is the eight Les Pauls. I am  adding up the value of the eight guitars (and your Nash) and thinking what that money would buy (1 Les Paul). Sorry about that.
    There’s no need to apologise! I wouldn’t buy one that cost as much as this lot. And I have built these up over time...working my ass off...and doing a bit of trading. And I’ll continue to add to them. Each to their kind of thing. For instance, the 17 Traditional is so good that I’ll certainly pick those up at the right money. The same with R8s. Not exactly going to lose out on them over time...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    ellwood said:

Skipped said:

There’s no need to apologise! I wouldn’t buy one that cost as much as this lot. And I have built these up over time...working my ass off...and doing a bit of trading. And I’ll continue to add to them. Each to their kind of thing. For instance, the 17 Traditional is so good that I’ll certainly pick those up at the right money. The same with R8s. Not exactly going to lose out on them over time...
    Speaking as someone who knows nothing about LPs, please tell me what the difference is between these that you want to have 8 and don't replace one with another when you buy a new/better one?
    I appreciate there are many varieties of LP but really are those all *so* different?  There is not a lot of variation to my uneducated eyes between all of them (they all have HB pickups, 2 have scratchplates and one has less than 4 knobs, that's about it) apart from the colour. Oh I just noticed, one doesn't say "Gibson" on it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwood said:
    Very very very nice! Ditto about the Jeff Beck...

Cheers! it does seem to be the one that gets a lot of attention, and as @ellwood said, most have come in trades or at the "right" time. Still can't believe the Beck was a straight swap for a Strat!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    aord43 said:
    ellwood said:

Skipped said:

Speaking as someone who knows nothing about LPs, please tell me what the difference is between these that you want to have 8 and don't replace one with another when you buy a new/better one?
    I appreciate there are many varieties of LP but really are those all *so* different?  There is not a lot of variation to my uneducated eyes between all of them (they all have HB pickups, 2 have scratchplates and one has less than 4 knobs, that's about it) apart from the colour. Oh I just noticed, one doesn't say "Gibson" on it!

He's trying to find one that stays in tune.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    dindude said:
    aord43 said:
    ellwood said:

Skipped said:

So he's after a 2015 then, no?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    dindude said:
    aord43 said:
    ellwood said:

Skipped said:

So he's after a 2015 then, no?
    Correct. No.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    aord43 said:
    ellwood said:

Skipped said:

Don't want this to come over the wrong way....but it's not about eyes? They are all slightly different. And looks are a part of it - I love the way a Les Paul looks. But they feel different (ebony board on the Custom vs. Rosewood on the R8). They are different weights. Some have a woodier sound and feel. Others are quite bright. The R7 is incredibly clear an articulate. The Tokai, with OX4s fitted, is a full on rawk guitar. 

And they definitely all have four knobs. Well, five if you count the bloke holding the guitar....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Are you saying 2017 Trads are good?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    Freebird said:
    I think they are. Although, what would I know? :)
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    ellwood said:
    Having had Les Pauls off and on for a few years....I finally get them. And have recently really bonded with them. It's all I want to play now. And I'm playing a lot more because of it. 

Might need a bigger couch soon though....

Even to the point where I'm considering selling the Nash and my Raygun Relic strat (!)

You must have a favourite in this collection, which one is it?

I promise not to let on to the others. I like the bottom left gold top myself.

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited November 2017
    ellwood said:
    Freebird said:
    I think they are. Although, what would I know?
    I've got a wine red ’89 with Bill Lawrence circuit board pups that I intended to mod, but I have discovered such a unique tone as a signature sound that I just can't part with it! I'm guessing a No. 2 Les Paul would be a good solution   
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.