Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Think this is turning into an obsession...

What's Hot

Comments

• aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    ellwood said:
    aord43 said:
    ellwood said:

Skipped said:
    I understand the concept of suddenly getting Les Pauls.
    I literally woke up one morning and suddenly got Les Pauls. And then wondered why my Pre-Historic Les Paul was sat in the wardrobe unloved.

Within days....my SGs were up for sale.
    And then I got an old Les Paul.

So the bit I disagree about is the eight Les Pauls. I am  adding up the value of the eight guitars (and your Nash) and thinking what that money would buy (1 Les Paul). Sorry about that.
    There’s no need to apologise! I wouldn’t buy one that cost as much as this lot. And I have built these up over time...working my ass off...and doing a bit of trading. And I’ll continue to add to them. Each to their kind of thing. For instance, the 17 Traditional is so good that I’ll certainly pick those up at the right money. The same with R8s. Not exactly going to lose out on them over time...
    Speaking as someone who knows nothing about LPs, please tell me what the difference is between these that you want to have 8 and don't replace one with another when you buy a new/better one?
    I appreciate there are many varieties of LP but really are those all *so* different?  There is not a lot of variation to my uneducated eyes between all of them (they all have HB pickups, 2 have scratchplates and one has less than 4 knobs, that's about it) apart from the colour. Oh I just noticed, one doesn't say "Gibson" on it!

Don't want this to come over the wrong way....but it's not about eyes? They are all slightly different. And looks are a part of it - I love the way a Les Paul looks. But they feel different (ebony board on the Custom vs. Rosewood on the R8). They are different weights. Some have a woodier sound and feel. Others are quite bright. The R7 is incredibly clear an articulate. The Tokai, with OX4s fitted, is a full on rawk guitar. 

And they definitely all have four knobs. Well, five if you count the bloke holding the guitar....
    Sorry didn't look for long enough at the one where 2 knobs are hidden behind the guitar in front :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791
    You lot are all mad! I thought I was mad with P basses - but I only have 6 of them.

Just steer clear of odd-shaped Yamahas and you'll be fine ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Wowza! Nice collection. I think I recognise that Tokai Goldtop. Great guitar.

Where do you go next? Surely something Kalamazoo built?
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3625
    Blimey! 

Fantastic collection. :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    So cool! 

To the people that question the number number and why, fuck them! It’s your money and I think there’s no cooler way of spending it! 

Im not a Les Paul guy at all, I think they look and sound incredible but I just can’t get on with them. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6691
    edited November 2017
    A serious number of Les Pauls we're seeing here. I have to say that my perfect version is a goldtop with P90s, which is why I have an R6. Sonic heaven and huge neck, what's not to like?.... not my pic but you get the drift.....

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I can never understand why someone would want so many guitars that are so similar? I like my guitars to be very different from each other. 
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    merlin said:
    A serious number of Les Pauls we're seeing here. I have to say that my perfect version is a goldtop with P90s, which is why I have an R6. Sonic heaven and huge neck, what's not to like?.... not my pic but you get the drift.....

I am seriously considering a 6. I have the 40th Anniversary with p100s and love that.
    timmysoft said:
    So cool! 

To the people that question the number number and why, fuck them! It’s your money and I think there’s no cooler way of spending it! 

Im not a Les Paul guy at all, I think they look and sound incredible but I just can’t get on with them. 
    Thanks man. Inclined to agree ;)
    axisus said:
    I can never understand why someone would want so many guitars that are so similar? I like my guitars to be very different from each other. 
    As long as you are happy that’s all good.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3220
    edited November 2017
    So the Ellwood shopping list should currently be:

an r6,
    a junior (both single and double cut versions),
    maybe a special to keep the juniors company,
    one of those 54 reissues that had the alnico neck pickup and a bigsby,
    an ox blood Beck standard
    and one of those custom shop Old Black copies that Coda had done.

Agreed?
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    merlin said:

Just needs rid of the ugly pickguard :)

I really really want a p90 les paul again.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Time to update your profile pic methinks. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    ellwood said:
    I am seriously considering a 6. I have the 40th Anniversary with p100s and love that.
    @ellwood ;I can't recommend it highly enough. If you're in the vicinity drop in for a play/cuppa. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5051
    edited November 2017
    Nice collection, but please put the pickguards back on so they don’t look soooo undressed!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TTBZ said:
    Just needs rid of the ugly pickguard :)

I really really want a p90 les paul again.
    Oh yes, first thing I did was to remove it. It's stored safely but won't be going back on while I'm the owner. 
  • Nice collection, but please put the pickguards back on so they look abused!  :)
    FTFY

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • What's the collective noun for such a number of Les Pauls? Gaggle? Flock? Congregation? Herd?
    Limehouse_Blues said:
    What's the collective noun for such a number of Les Pauls? Gaggle? Flock? Congregation? Herd?
    A Lexicon. 
    merlin said:
    ellwood said:
    @ellwood ;I can't recommend it highly enough. If you're in the vicinity drop in for a play/cuppa. 
    Might take you up on that one day!