C18 Q1 Cabronita Mustang - Cooderstang! Progress!

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3055
edited November 2019 in Making & Modding
Challenge doesn't officially start until the 1st Jan, but I thought Id set out my proposed, "What Satan didn't  bring me" entry.
Folk on here don't seem to like Mustangs, but I'll post progress anyway....
Some may have noticed that I modded a Blue Squier Mustang a while back, then followed that up by recycling a Squier Bullet Mustang neck onto a Guitarbuild Swamp Ash body, in Orange, I like them both very much and in the process of faffing realised that the neck pocket on a Mustang is the same size as a regular 25.5" scale neck, with that, the seeds of an idea germinated...

Fender produce a 2xP90 Mustang thatI like the idea of, so that got thrown into the mix too..

I found a P90 Mustang body from a suppplier in the US but it had Tele controls, the description on ebay suggested it was customisable, so I messaged and a bit of chat decided body spec.
So the proposed spec is as follows, it may change a bit....

1 piece Swamp Ash Mustang body routed for neck socket and 2xP90's, no control cavily or bridge posts (Arrived a couple of days ago) this allows me to decide control layout and bridge placement.

Allparts Strat neck from son and heir, it arrived Wudtoned and reliced, wearing locking tuners, Rosewood board, proper baseball bat profile, I have already modded the profile to deep vee, much nicer (for me) still an inch front to back,Headstock will be sprayed in Cellulose the same colour as the body. Rothco and Frost took care of a decal.

Bridge will be Fender Toronado modded to three Tele saddles and top loader..

Controls not sure yet, but probably on a chrome Mustang plate, which has only three holes, so would be Vol, Selector, jack, the plate option keeps the Mustang vibe and just a volume, no tone, fits the Cabronita vibe too...

Pickguard will be modified from a standard jobby to a small Cab style

Pickups are Iron Gear Soapbar P90's, they may get changed later......

Colour will be Sea Foam Green, actually as close as I could, mixed at the auto paint supplier, from computer images, which vary emormously....

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments