Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Good luck man.
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Friday we (Borrowed Time) are at The Abbot in Redhill.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Played The Jam House in Edinburgh at the weekend - and booked for 4 more gigs in 2017 :) Doorman said it's been quiet recently so crowd was only 400 instead of about 600 lol.

Top tip - get wireless - it's so much more fun, even in rehearsal. But on a big stage it's great - I have had a Line 6 G30 in the past but got the new rechargeable G10 one recently and for £140 it's a great bit of kit. Worked flawlessly and swapping guitars was a breeze too - no battery pack.
  • Vaiai said:
    Top tip - get wireless - it's so much more fun, even in rehearsal. But on a big stage it's great - I have had a Line 6 G30 in the past but got the new rechargeable G10 one recently and for £140 it's a great bit of kit. Worked flawlessly and swapping guitars was a breeze too - no battery pack.
    Those G10s are really great. A friend of mine has one. Actually it's a replacement as the 1st one stopped charging a few days into a 4 week tour he did recently. Replaced under warranty with a brand new one. Time will tell if was a one-off fault or if the micro-usb socket they use is too flimsy; which would be sad because other than that it's really great piece of kit.

One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • Lowrise (www.lowrisemusic.com) are supporting Etches at Gullivers on Oldham St Manchester this Friday. Should be a good night, as it's being put on by Scruff of the Neck, and Etches are cool.

Would be ace to see someone from here there.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/events/1801688626711628/

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Urban Legends are at the Blue Ball in Shepshed on Saturday. Come and see whether my new DMX controller adds anything to our lighting.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Back at the Volunteer in Honiton tonight. Then a private party in Teignmouth tomorrow - assuming I can unstick myself from the carpet in the Volunteer.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Any SE Londoners?

My Madness tribute band, Cairo East, are playing at The Royston Social Club (lovely old dancehall) on
    Saturday 15th Oct. Expect 2 hrs of all the Madness hits and some Ska sundries by The Specials, The Beat and Selector too.

Doors open 7pm
    Tickets £3 

Royston Social Club
    85 Royston Road
    Penge
    London
    SE20 7QW
    Tel:020 8778 5534

Cheers

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    First gig with my new band tonight, at a private function for the singer's wife's 50th. We're first of three bands, on at 8.30.

Acko Pulco and the Cliff Divers - TexMex-style good fun.

Really looking forward to it.

R.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Birthday party gig tonight at a social club (just tucking into the buffet)

Then a regular pub gig tomorrow night at The Oak in Baginton. New venue for us that, a guy that saw us play in Warwick recommended us so it was the pub that got in touch with us, chuffed with that. 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    edited November 2016

Headlining Dachau tonight!

Live Post-apocalyptic Thrash Metal!

Animal noises and general buffoonery. \m/

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14680641_10210686797946063_7670130594716038292_n.jpg?oh=fd701c97c2c8bab26c0bd62f7caed2ae&oe=588DE182

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ooh, that sounds fun!

First gig with my new band tonight, at a private function for the singer's wife's 50th. We're first of three bands, on at 8.30.

Acko Pulco and the Cliff Divers - TexMex-style good fun.

Really looking forward to it.

R.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • We are playing at Bristol City FC. One of those things that sounded like a good idea at the time but has turned into a logistical nightmare. It's the 'party' version of the band with added sax and a safe set list. In some ways that's great, in some ways not what I signed up for. Although as what I signed up for was basically bringing down the Thatcher government it isn't easy getting everyone alongside...
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    We're at the Jolly Abbot in Newton Abbot tonight. Funny old place Newton Abbot...
  • Wheatsheaf in Atherstone tonight with Blinkwatch. 
  • Out with Beyond Midnight at The Two Tubs in Bury tonight. Late start at 10pm until we run out of material.
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Me and my GrooveTrain lot are playing the The Cluny in Newcastle tonight, part of some private do ? three new songs to put in as requests which we've not rehearsed but will be a canny busk LOL.

Tomorrow night we have our annual gig at Hoochie Coochie in town, that's one of our fave gigs of the year, should be packed :)
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited November 2016
    [ bugger] 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    edited November 2016
    [ give up]
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Borrowed Time are on the Bandstand in Horsham town centre (the Carfax) next Sunday. Nearest thing to a Christmas gig. An outside gig in November! Who thought that was a good idea? 1pm to 3 pm on the 27th. 
    Don't touch that dial.