Anyone else seen the Northern Lights tonight.

What's Hot
breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10347
edited May 10 in Off Topic

Currently up in Whitby staying near the Abbey. First time seeing it and I'm blown away. Such a fantastic thing to see.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4599
    Just seen them here in Reading.  And @onlyonebradders has forwarded me these from across town near where our Dad lives.

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72709
    Incredible. They’re actually visible to the *south* of where I am in Scotland - never seen them that far south before.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15643
    Yup visible here in the Aylesbury vale 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3621
    Just faint here in Suffolk, might take a drive to a darker spot.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • vizviz Frets: 10734
    edited May 10
    Southern lights more like. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3337
    edited May 11
    Spots from friends and family in London, Norwich, Clacton and here in Surrey.
    Impressive and whilst not as vibrant and clear as we've seen on film and pics, I'll take it as  Bucket List tick
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10347

Wow, that's crazy. Here I was thinking all us Wildlings where the only ones potentially able to see it. The fact that it can be seen way down there too is totally mad. Just sent my Sister in Law some photos as she went all the way to Iceland to see them and didn't catch a glimpse. She's not happy  =).

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    edited May 10
    I'm seeing them in Cambridgeshire. Woke the wife and kids so they could see them too. Once in a lifetime event for us.. and this is only the first wave.. Amazing peach and light blues
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1811
    Just been out for an insomnia walk and spotted them. I didn’t know there was a thing but knew straight away what it was. Definitely exaggerated by the phone camera but still definitely visible without and I’m in a built up part of Sheffield 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    edited May 11
    not here
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3621
    Sat here in a field outside the village, got a few shots but nothing spectacular,  very misty and now a fog has rolled in, managed to see the sky turn red though.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4141
    No. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5568
    We're staying in the centre of Glasgow tonight and can't see it from the Premier Inn, but here are some friends' photos from back home in Elgin.

The last one is the street behind ours.
    Of all the nights to be away...
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11945
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3780
    My son saw it in Edinburgh 
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 256
    I’ve seen some stunning photos taken about half a mile away in South Gloucestershire. I’m a bit miffed I missed it.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3337
    We might get a second chance tonight
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3281

This was Northamptonshire, surreal having a bucket list moment in your back garden. :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9754

Wow, that's crazy. Here I was thinking all us Wildlings where the only ones potentially able to see it. The fact that it can be seen way down there too is totally mad. Just sent my Sister in Law some photos as she went all the way to Iceland to see them and didn't catch a glimpse. She's not happy  =).

Same here. I paid good money to go to the top of Norway back in December to see the lights. Had one glimpse on day one, then cloud cover for the rest of the trip! Better displays last night here in rural Wiltshire.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12446
    Apparently it was really good here in Kent. Naturally, I missed it. Bugger.