Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader

ruoma said:
    Very curious how this one will stack up against a kingsley minstrel or a cornish cc1.. I loved the feel and attack on your gunshot but it was a bit mid heavy for me and didn't have enough bass. Hope this will remedy those things!
    well, @Gassage has done that comparison against the CC1, the mids can be scooped or humped and there is enough Bass on tap to scare a grizzly bear.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Sounds wicked!
  • Royal Mail tried to deliver my Peacekeeper yesterday while I was out! Gutted! They aren't open on a Sunday so I'll need to try and collect it tomorrow! I'm an excited boy!
  • Wow, got my Peacekeeper today and I'm amazed by it. Exactly what I was looking for! 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    tFB Trader
    Royal Mail tried to deliver my Peacekeeper yesterday while I was out! Gutted! They aren't open on a Sunday so I'll need to try and collect it tomorrow! I'm an excited boy!

Ah sorry, hopefully the wait won't be too tortuous.

Wow, got my Peacekeeper today and I'm amazed by it. Exactly what I was looking for! 
    Mate, so happy you love it and it was great to chat with you, sorry it was so loud!  
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • @ThorpyFX, it's one of the nicest sounding pedals I've ever played. So many great sounds, it's probably worth having a couple on the board to do different things with them. I'm blown away, and that's an understatement. Congrats!

Was great to meet you man and thanks for taking the time! :-) Loved the whole show.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    @thorpyfx Awesome to meet you fella. Your pedals are EPIC!

tFB Trader
    @thorpyfx Awesome to meet you fella. Your pedals are EPIC!

likewise nick, and thanks very much... We do shoot for epic.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    I hope you drove home with the cammo net draped over your car :)
    tFB Trader
    I hope you drove home with the cammo net draped over your car :)

nobody could see me.....made for a fast journey
  • My Peacekeeper is at home waiting for me! Mrs Whisper Thief picked it up for me, report to follow!!!
    tFB Trader
    My Peacekeeper is at home waiting for me! Mrs Whisper Thief picked it up for me, report to follow!!!
    Great news, hope you get to rock it later
  • I seem to have number 4!! It's lovely! The EQ is total mental (in a good way) and I agree with @jonathanthomas83, you could easy have a couple on the board doing a few different things. I've had it acting as a boost and flat out and using the volume pot to get loads of sounds. Very nice. Oh and it was all packed and looking lovely as expected! 

Full report will follow! First impressions are it'll go on the board with the Gunshot and Muffroom Cloud :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @The_Whisper_Thief Congrats on a great pedal! I predict the Peacekeeper will be big!

• I've just had a proper 90 minute widdle with the Peacekeeper and it really is a glorious sounding thing. I've got it in the front of my Rockerverb 50 (mkii) into the dirty channel set just on the edge of crunchy. 

It's all about that mid control for me; I like to play on the neck pickup and with the mid control pretty high you get that lovely bell like tone and squishy solo sound. The bass and treble controls let you tweak the tone really easily to get it right where you want it so you can get an almost bridge pup rhythm sound with both pups on and then a scorching solo tone with the neck pup. I can see me having it set up for using on the neck and middle pup selections so it isn't muddy for rhythm and has that top end for the odd solo. Sticking it on the bridge pup it's a little spikey for bashing out chords with the mid control so high, as to be expected, but it would cut a mix brilliantly if you used it as your solo boost on the bridge in this mode. I was using a dual P90 JM6 and it was clear as a spring day but as menacing as a friday night in the town on payday...

Of course, roll the mid control back and you have a lovely flat eq that gives a great smooth tone and turns the pedal into a top class "transparent" booster. The amazing "3D" quality of the pedal is still all over it in this guise and the EQ really comes into its own. With the mid control at a lower level the bass and treble pots still shape things really easily and you'll get a tone with the sturdy knobs pointed in pretty much any direction! I had a bit of woman tone going on that still had a presence and enough sparkle to cut through a mix. With a few quick flicks of the tone dials there's a sweet bluesy tone, even on the bridge pickup, that makes you want to play all those cliche licks with your eyes closed..

There is plenty gain too so don't let the "low gain" label fool you, at just before halfway it's got plenty of grunt already. You could use this easily as a more standard overdrive pedal. I popped on the clean channel and turned the gain up and it is really quite something! It's thick but still sounds like an overdrive and not an all consuming dirt box. After a change of guitars to a humbucker equipped axe of doom it really lets the guitar speak, again transparent is the word we all use and it's spot on here. 

I love it, I'm going to give it a few weeks and I might order another one so I can have one with the mid control most of the way up and another set as a more transparent booster. It's killer, I mean it's zen...oh I don't know, it's just brilliant. I'd say it's the best one from Mr Thorpe yet... the world is a better place with the Peacekeeper! 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I've just had a proper 90 minute widdle with the Peacekeeper and it really is a glorious sounding thing. I've got it in the front of my Rockerverb 50 (mkii) into the dirty channel set just on the edge of crunchy. 

It's all about that mid control for me; I like to play on the neck pickup and with the mid control pretty high you get that lovely bell like tone and squishy solo sound. The bass and treble controls let you tweak the tone really easily to get it right where you want it so you can get an almost bridge pup rhythm sound with both pups on and then a scorching solo tone with the neck pup. I can see me having it set up for using on the neck and middle pup selections so it isn't muddy for rhythm and has that top end for the odd solo. Sticking it on the bridge pup it's a little spikey for bashing out chords with the mid control so high, as to be expected, but it would cut a mix brilliantly if you used it as your solo boost on the bridge in this mode. I was using a dual P90 JM6 and it was clear as a spring day but as menacing as a friday night in the town on payday...

Of course, roll the mid control back and you have a lovely flat eq that gives a great smooth tone and turns the pedal into a top class "transparent" booster. The amazing "3D" quality of the pedal is still all over it in this guise and the EQ really comes into its own. With the mid control at a lower level the bass and treble pots still shape things really easily and you'll get a tone with the sturdy knobs pointed in pretty much any direction! I had a bit of woman tone going on that still had a presence and enough sparkle to cut through a mix. With a few quick flicks of the tone dials there's a sweet bluesy tone, even on the bridge pickup, that makes you want to play all those cliche licks with your eyes closed..

There is plenty gain too so don't let the "low gain" label fool you, at just before halfway it's got plenty of grunt already. You could use this easily as a more standard overdrive pedal. I popped on the clean channel and turned the gain up and it is really quite something! It's thick but still sounds like an overdrive and not an all consuming dirt box. After a change of guitars to a humbucker equipped axe of doom it really lets the guitar speak, again transparent is the word we all use and it's spot on here. 

I love it, I'm going to give it a few weeks and I might order another one so I can have one with the mid control most of the way up and another set as a more transparent booster. It's killer, I mean it's zen...oh I don't know, it's just brilliant. I'd say it's the best one from Mr Thorpe yet... the world is a better place with the Peacekeeper! 
    Do you mind if i post this review on facebook?
  • Of course not, be a pleasure. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    It's hardly suprising how many good reviews these pedals are getting.

I mean, how often do you review a pedal made by a man who has lots of ballistic missles in his office and is trained in advance interrogation techniques?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    Gassage said:
    It's hardly suprising how many good reviews these pedals are getting.

I mean, how often do you review a pedal made by a man who has lots of ballistic missles in his office and is trained in advance interrogation techniques?
    Maybe that's part of the reason behind the good reviews ;)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    ThorpyFX said:

ruoma said:
    Very curious how this one will stack up against a kingsley minstrel or a cornish cc1.. I loved the feel and attack on your gunshot but it was a bit mid heavy for me and didn't have enough bass. Hope this will remedy those things!
    well, @Gassage has done that comparison against the CC1, the mids can be scooped or humped and there is enough Bass on tap to scare a grizzly bear.
    I b2b'd it (well the Mk1) for about 6 months v the CC1.

The CC1 to me is one of the greatest pedals of all time.

If I said the Mk 1 Peacekeeper (2 tone, not 3 tone controls) was AS good, I'd be telling the truth.

Add the mid control and it beats the CC1.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.