The ugliest guitar on the planet?

What's Hot
xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
This is the blackbird v2, I won't say who made it as they're still trying to sell it... For £650 down from over a grand, made in the 80s but refurbished recently by the seller/maker.

Is it just me or is it the ugliest guitar ever created.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    Certainly up there. It has a look of something which was meant to be a Les Paul/Tele hybrid - but the maker suddenly saw a Parker Fly and had his head turned.

I'd rather have third-degree burns than own it....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    It looks like one of those cheap special effects where the apparent human morphs back into an alien, but gets killed half way through the process. Except its a guitar... ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    The shape isn't the worst of it - it's all that brown wood.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    If I played in a new romantic 80s style band or a even some form of technical metal band I think it would fit in.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    It's well weird, but there are uglier guitars.. IMHO..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Pre factory PRS?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    Meh, it may not be pretty but I am much happier when guitar builders try and do something different occasionally rather than endless Gibson or fender clones.... Even if it involves the occasional misfire.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    Or in different words.... Design something better that can be considered original.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I agree with that, I'm all for originality but that lower horn.... Good god.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Ah good old KG. He's somewhat opinionated and has a massively over-inflated idea of what his guitars are worth ... I remember him saying these sold for 3 grand originally ...
    edited May 2015
    @4114Effects Haha you know him as well, yeah his prices and the fact he tries to hide he's the maker its hilarious!
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    I've seen much, much worse.

I actually think the problem with it isn't the shape, it's the wood and the styling. That body shape could work on some kind of cool carbon fibre or mosrite space age thing, but it just looks wrong with all that traditional wood.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    It looks sad. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22822
    The angled neck pickup - with surround - looks silly and I've always disliked those Schaller bridges, but apart from those details I don't think it's that bad looking really.

• AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    Not attractive, but nowhere near as ugly as some if Gibsons more "innovative" designs of the 70s and 80s. Now they were hideousb
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    It looks like a hurling stick with strings.

Burn it!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    edited May 2015
    I think it's OK, as long as you accept it's never going to be stylish or graceful - and at least it's fairly original.

I expect it would play very well in the classical position, the lower horn and the body recess behind the bridge seem designed for that.

It's still not as ugly as a Parker Fly either, and there are a lot worse even than that...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM;640825" said:

It's still not as ugly as a Parker Fly either, and there are a lot worse even than that...
    Parker fly ugly! No bloomin way, one of the best looking guitars ever!
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    mrchi;640845" said:
    [quote="ICBM;640825"]

Parker fly ugly! No bloomin way, one of the best looking guitars ever! [/quote]

Lol. Have a Wow! Really!!!?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yes really :-D l love the look, proper futuristic looking guitar, not to mention great playing.

Let me guess your a tele player:-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom