Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    impmann said:
    Alnico said:
    @impmann ........Personally, I would love to see the Jaguar having never really played one and especially if it's had the bridge sorted with a Mastery unit.
    I'm not sure that anyone's mentioned bringing an offset guitar yet so it might be one of the few if you do?

It's a tough choice between that and a '72 Tele though! (real '72 or reissue?)
    Real... well, some of it!! The pickups and neck have been replaced... I broke the original neck and the original pickups were dire!!!!!!

Happy to bring an offset, especially if others fancy having a go
    Well if the neck on the Tele isn't original then I'd say I'll vote for the Jaguar.

See what other's think though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    impmann said:

A plectrum.

Just one...? ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    Alnico said:
    slacker said:
    @alnico could I suggest that you make a dropout list for those that didn't make a decision in time or didn't see the thread. As people drop out you can amend the list.

Ulterior motive time I'd like to be 31. However I'd come along to help on bass, as well as improving my limited soloing skills.

Done.

As the TBC's are still unconfirmed and I'm taking your post above to mean you'd definitely be able to go, I've altered the post so that directly below the main list is a reserve list and @slacker is at the top of that list.

TBC's are still thereat the bottom of the page but now that the main 30 places are taken, if they confirm they can go they'll need to join the reserve list and see if anyone wants to/has to cancel closer to the time.

That's the fairest way I can do this.
    Hope that's ok with everyone.
    Thanks 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    @Alnico  looking at my diary I'm not going to have any tie  to learn any of the so gs due to gigs etc so I'll with withdrawing my interest in coming so that should open  up another slot for someone else :) 
    @Alnico  looking at my diary I'm not going to have any tie  to learn any of the so gs due to gigs etc so I'll with withdrawing my interest in coming so that should open  up another slot for someone else :) 
    Ok, Thanks for being upfront now about it and letting me know.
    I'll amend the list and give your place to @slacker .

@slacker .....can you PM @Bridgehouse and arrange to pay him your £8 please? He's handling all that side of things.
    ^^
    .........and Done.
    :)
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    Alnico said:
    ^^
    .........and Done.
    that was quick
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    slacker said:
    Alnico said:
    ^^
    .........and Done.
    that was quick
    If I had a pound for every time a woman has told me that! :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    There's enough time between now and the event for life to step in the way of people's plans and it's inevitable that some will need to pull out so I've created the reserve list for exactly this reason.
    If the people who still want to go can post here or in the other thread I'll put them on the reserve list.
    If people who need to pull out can let me know as soon as they know they've got to, I can offer the places out and replace them with 'Reservists'.

I'm on top of it all so far and aside from spending a lot of time on the forum anyway I've got them bookmarked and alerts set up for when there's something posted so it's running smoothly so far.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26579
    The observant amongst you might've noticed that a banner has magically appeared at the top of the page...with a company logo on it...

This is because the good folk at D'Addario have agreed to send along a care package (strings, possibly t-shirts and a bunch of other "stuff") for attendees. One reason for this is that if some folk are doing walkthroughs of setting up a guitar etc, it's going to be grease the wheels to have plenty of sets of strings kicking around without people being forced to go and buy some.

Another reason is...well, it's nice, and anything that doesn't get used from the box will be spread amongst anyone who's still there at the end of the day.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice one! 
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    The observant amongst you might've noticed that a banner has magically appeared at the top of the page...with a company logo on it...

This is because the good folk at D'Addario have agreed to send along a care package (strings, possibly t-shirts and a bunch of other "stuff") for attendees. One reason for this is that if some folk are doing walkthroughs of setting up a guitar etc, it's going to be grease the wheels to have plenty of sets of strings kicking around without people being forced to go and buy some.

Another reason is...well, it's nice, and anything that doesn't get used from the box will be spread amongst anyone who's still there at the end of the day.
    I'd noticed that and think it's great to get that kind of support from a major like D'Addario.  Good work and very good of them to send a care package.
    I can't honestly say I didn't know about this because I did but I'll also say well done Lee and I'm even more proud of us right now for making this event come to life and being part of this community.

Brilliant. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Yay! Good old D'Addario and well done for sorting that out!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

Alnico said:
    I can't honestly say I didn't know about this because I did but I'll also say well done Lee and I'm even more proud of us right now for making this event come to life and being part of this community.

Brilliant. 
    Cheers, although I can't take all the credit - I worked with our very own @Adji to sort it out (he works for D'Addario). He deserves a round of applause too :)
    <space for hire>
    Alnico said:

Brilliant. 
    Cheers, although I can't take all the credit - I worked with our very own @Adji to sort it out (he works for D'Addario). He deserves a round of applause too :)
    In that case we'll done @Adji too.
    What a great addition to an already cool event.
    I'd love a D'addario T shirt to wear when my band gets off the ground, soon we hope.
    I'd be really happy to wear that and promote them, they're my favourite strings ever since @ICBM poisoned my mind and made me hate elixirs  !
    Hahahaha
    ;)

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Nice one D'addario! Well done to all involved in getting this organised. Really looking forward to the day. 

... Oh yeah, and I'd also like a t-shirt :) 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    excellent stuff!
    Heh...I'm afraid it's "whatever we're given" at this point - the t-shirts will probably be an extra bit bundled in if there's room and they can spare them...we're not taking orders for free clothes ;)
    <space for hire>
    Heh...I'm afraid it's "whatever we're given" at this point - the t-shirts will probably be an extra bit bundled in if there's room and they can spare them...we're not taking orders for free clothes ;)
    No problem.
    Misunderstood what I read while being slightly busy.