Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    impmann said:
    Gear I'm bringing...

A guitar.

A gigbag.

Maybe a capo, just in case.

A plectrum.

TBH, I haven't decided which I'll bring... perhaps I'll put it to a vote, as I'm more than happy for anyone to play any of my guitars (its quite nice to hear them being played). Here are the options:

1972 Tele (SD Broadcaster pickups & Allparts neck)
    Partcaster Tele (Alegree Cirrostratus pickups)
    MIM Tele Deluxe with Trem (Mojo Wideranges)
    MIJ Jaguar (Fender pickups, Mastery bridge)
    Jazzmaster (GSP Body, Mascis Neck, Mojo pickups, Mastery bridge and trem)
    PRS 305

I can only bring one, as I'm coming on the train.

Any thoughts?

If you also brought your shadow, and everyone else brought theirs ... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    if I fancy a little strum(not sex slang) will anyone object to me having a go on theirs(again not slang)?..

I am quite happy to bring one of mine but I will be on motorbike and already carrying camera gear.
    You're welcome to try either of the Teles Jaden made me, if you want
    I want! Bloody lovely guitars.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Sounds amazing, wish I could come.  Have fun and make lots of videos! 
  • Alnico said:
    I can't honestly say I didn't know about this because I did but I'll also say well done Lee and I'm even more proud of us right now for making this event come to life and being part of this community.

Brilliant. 
    Cheers, although I can't take all the credit - I worked with our very own @Adji to sort it out (he works for D'Addario). He deserves a round of applause too :)
    Can I be really cheeky and ask if @Adji gets a staff discount? If so, do you reckon he could get a couple of sets of 12-string acoustic strings in the box for me, please? I'll happily pay for them and I'll pay by PPG if asked, I'm not asking for freebies here (not for 12-strings, that's taking the piddle).
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26612
    Alnico said:
    I can't honestly say I didn't know about this because I did but I'll also say well done Lee and I'm even more proud of us right now for making this event come to life and being part of this community.

Brilliant. 
    Cheers, although I can't take all the credit - I worked with our very own @Adji to sort it out (he works for D'Addario). He deserves a round of applause too :)
    Can I be really cheeky and ask if @Adji gets a staff discount? If so, do you reckon he could get a couple of sets of 12-string acoustic strings in the box for me, please? I'll happily pay for them and I'll pay by PPG if asked, I'm not asking for freebies here (not for 12-strings, that's taking the piddle).
    Okaaaaay....apologies if this sounds "off", but...this is an experiment and D'Addario are the first company we've officially worked with, and we're hoping that we might be able to work this into a mutually-beneficial relationship between them and this community...I'd rather not do anything through back-channels that might jeopardise that, if you see what I mean.

Maybe chuck him a PM to that effect. He may be able to work something out for you, he may not...
    <space for hire>
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27572

Does anybody who's going fancy a special run limited edition cost-price commemorative t-shirt?

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4833
    Damn I can't be there for this one, will it happen again in the future guys? (like after Sept next year!)

It would be great to put faces to the forum, meet up and have a crack...

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    TTony said:

Does anybody who's going fancy a special run limited edition cost-price commemorative t-shirt?

Yes, if they're available in lanky, fat bastard size. Got to think of my beer baby

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Alnico said:

Brilliant. 
    Okaaaaay....apologies if this sounds "off", but...this is an experiment and D'Addario are the first company we've officially worked with, and we're hoping that we might be able to work this into a mutually-beneficial relationship between them and this community...I'd rather not do anything through back-channels that might jeopardise that, if you see what I mean.

Maybe chuck him a PM to that effect. He may be able to work something out for you, he may not...
    No, it doesn't sound off at all, that's why I admitted I was being cheeky and also said I was happy to cough for them. I was just asking if there was a discount available, and if not, fair enough, I'll park it.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    TTony said:

Yes, Most definitely.

Great Idea.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Is this full ?....Plenty guitars, Kemper, Roland AC60, blah blah.....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    It is I'm afraid, but there's a reserve list.
    If you're sure you can make it I can put you on the reserve list (Which is currently empty) so that if anyone pulls out, you can take their place?

It happened like that just this morning for one member so there's a chance it'll happen again in the next 6 weeks or so before the event.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8713
    TTony said:

What is the price likely to be?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    Alnico said:
    spark240 said:
    If you're sure you can make it I can put you on the reserve list (Which is currently empty) so that if anyone pulls out, you can take their place?

It happened like that just this morning for one member so there's a chance it'll happen again in the next 6 weeks or so before the event.
    Put me down please ...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27572
    Roland said:
    TTony said:

£5.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    TTony said:
    Roland said:
    TTony said:

£5.
    Who'll design it??
    spark240 said:
    Alnico said:
    spark240 said:

Put me down please ...
    That's done for you now.
    If a space becomes available it's yours first, you're top of the reserve list.
    :)
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    A commemorative t-shirt sounds a great idea. 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26612
    Vinylfan said:
    TTony said:
    Roland said:
    TTony said:

£5.
    Who'll design it??
    That would be our @TTony - he looks after all the t-shirt designs round these parts.
    <space for hire>
  • VinylfanVinylfan Frets: 33
    Vinylfan said:
    TTony said:
    Roland said:
    TTony said:

£5.
    Who'll design it??
    That would be our @TTony - he looks after all the t-shirt designs round these parts.
    Sounds good.