Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Enjoyable comedy new and old

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchman said:

Some good ones already mentioned.  I'll add Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister

New Statesman wasn't bad either
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    Simpsons and South Park are the best of the American stuff.
    Best American stuff I saw was Phil Silvers in Sgt Bilko. That, and the Muppets.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fobfob Frets: 1430

New: The Good Place

Old: 15 Storeys High

Older: The Beiderbecke Affair

• My "sick movie" was the directors cut of Almost Famous ("Untitled")

I *love* that film. The commentary track with Cameron Crowe and his mum is well worth a listen.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

I *love* that film. The commentary track with Cameron Crowe and his mum is well worth a listen.
    Yes indeed. There are some great bits. I particularly love Philip Seymour Hoffman's portrayal of Lester Bangs... fantasic stuff.

Apologies for the derail OP... carry on!
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Yes indeed. There are some great bits. I particularly love Philip Seymour Hoffman's portrayal of Lester Bangs... fantasic stuff.

Apologies for the derail OP... carry on!
    It is a funny film....

• Ravenous said:

"Spaced" is great, probably worth a watch if available. (Various cheeky cultural references etc in the usual Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg/Nick Frost manner.)

Wouldn't swear to it, but Channel 4's on demand service has a lot of their older stuff available on it. Spaced may be there.

• Young Offenders on iPlayer is pretty good. Completely traditional, gets laughs mainly because they're Oirish and pretty disgusting.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Detectorists, best series in recent years.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Saxondale, even Upstart Crow is good if you like a bit of word-smithery ..
    Saxondale! I really liked that. It was so much like an old pal of mine. I do really like Upstart Crow as well, but it's a terrible title for a show, too much up its own arse. I think they needed a much more obvious shakespeare related title
  • Ooh, the mentions of Upstart Crow and C4 on demand have brought me to Raised by Wolves. Not hilarious but I loved it, although I'm a bit of a Caitlin Moran fanboy. 
    New series of Upstart Crow in 2018, my only objection to it is the Ricky Gervais type character - just a bit too obvious. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited February 2018
    Ravenous said:

"Spaced" is great, probably worth a watch if available. (Various cheeky cultural references etc in the usual Edgar Wright/Simon Pegg/Nick Frost manner.)

Wouldn't swear to it, but Channel 4's on demand service has a lot of their older stuff available on it. Spaced may be there.
    It is, plus all of IT Crowd, Black Books and loads of stuff. Also Comic Strip Presents.
  • axisus said:
    I never liked Senfield at all. I didn't like ANY of the characters. Peep show is just too uncomfortable most of the time.
    How can one not like Kramer??
  • Ooh, the mentions of Upstart Crow and C4 on demand have brought me to Raised by Wolves. Not hilarious but I loved it, although I'm a bit of a Caitlin Moran fanboy. 
    New series of Upstart Crow in 2018, my only objection to it is the Ricky Gervais type character - just a bit too obvious. 
    I like the Gervais character for a bit of relief but I am easily pleased mainly. I generally enjoy anything with Mark Heap in it too. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Any of the 70s sitcoms that featured casual racism and its hilarious consequences.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28314
    Toast of London.

Marvellous stuff.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Sassafras said:
    Any of the 70s sitcoms that featured casual racism and its hilarious consequences.
    Oh boy - I won't go into details but to us puerile-minded little boys in the '70s, "Love thy neighbour" was popular then.  I wouldn't watch stuff like that today!
  • Upstart Crow is good if you like a bit of word-smithery .. a real return to form for Ben Elton imo. Like a Shakespearean Blackadder. 
    I agree! Went to a recording on Tuesday, marvellous stuff. Ben Elton was very funny indeed.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    Two Doors Down is very funny. 
  • axisus said:
    I never liked Senfield at all. I didn't like ANY of the characters. Peep show is just too uncomfortable most of the time.
    How can one not like Kramer??
    Answering my own post.
    Apologies for another Seinfeld related one but I've put 'Kramer funny' and this came up. 

I must say I'm shocked.