You know when you are getting old....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Ah, the power to close a thread is not yours. The negativity can run and run.

Personally I knew I was getting old when I found a photo of me, aged 8, and my Dad on holiday. I am now 2 years older than my Dad was when the pic was taken. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • xRandomregxRandomreg Frets: 231
    Well guess I'll be saying goodbye to the Fretboard then - Shame when the negativity takes over - I thought this p[lace was different from Facebook and the like - obviously I was wrong - should have just stuck to buying and selling gear instead of trying to interact in a fun way with people

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Interesting factoid (or not). My dad thinks he's listened to just about every episode of the Archers since it was first aired in the 1950s. I grew up listening to it in the 1960's .. I haven't listened to it since although my wife listens to it.

I listen to R4 and R3 mostly for music and arts programmes.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Randomreg said:
    Lets close this off now please - was just supposed to be a bit of a laugh not an opportunity to be rude

Are you Emp Fab in a mirror universe - you're the nice, considerate non-ranty one ... ;-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Fretwired said:
    Randomreg said:
    Lets close this off now please - was just supposed to be a bit of a laugh not an opportunity to be rude

Are you Emp Fab in a mirror universe - you're the nice, considerate non-ranty one ... ;-)
    I bet he likes parent parking bays as well the mainstreamer! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12383
    Randomreg said:
    Well guess I'll be saying goodbye to the Fretboard then - Shame when the negativity takes over - I thought this p[lace was different from Facebook and the like - obviously I was wrong - should have just stuck to buying and selling gear instead of trying to interact in a fun way with people

It's like a mini version of the world their are nice people here, crazy people, dangerous people and idiots....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Annoying thing is I can't even find a delete account option - bloody irritating
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    LOL
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Randomreg said:
    Annoying thing is I can't even find a delete account option - bloody irritating
    You are part of the hive, you don't choose when to leave, the Fretboard chooses when to leave you.

Just PM a mod and they will delete you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    edited August 2018
    I half listened to it a few weeks ago whilst working. I can see how people get into it but I just zoned out and missed the end of the episode and haven't bothered since. A friend listens to it religiously... we can be at a festival and he'll suddenly whip out a pair of earphones and disappear for half an hour. It seems odd having a strong opinion on it really but as mentioned, there's some proper melts on here at times. You listen to whatever you like Randomreg!
    Randomreg said:
    I also spend every morning driving to work listening to radio 4 E which has HAncocks HAlf Hour and round the horn - made before I was born, but better than the complete and utter horseshit we get on TV and Radio today - I was obviously born about 40 years too late

I used to listen to those as a kid .. Round the Horn was bonkers ... Hancock was classic British humour ... I'll have to checkout R E 4.

Have Asked TonyT to delete my account - that seems to be the way to go

I will return to my dull life now @axisus ;

Au revoir all
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27598
    Randomreg said:
    Have Asked TonyT to delete my account - that seems to be the way to go

I will return to my dull life now @axisus ;

Au revoir all
    Random has left the building - presumably to spend more time with his family listening to the Archers  -  and I'm closing this thread to stop it morphing into something that it doesn't need to be.

Always disappointing to see someone leave, but particularly so when  it's prompted by another one of our own.
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.