Full David Gilmour auction catalogue

What's Hot

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    ChrisRG said:
    Reminder: Auction is tomorrow @ 10:00 New York time (15:00 here).

@clarkefan I wanted to know the same thing.  There is something called Christie's LIVE which apparently allows online viewing and bidding.  Not tested it though.

Edit:  Just tested it with the iOS app and joined a London auction in progress at the moment.  Sitting at work so don't have sound but the video certainly works.

Thanks for the reminder.

I really hope some of the more popular stuff ends up in the hands of a player.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11943
     I think the theory is as the fan base  of any artist  is depleted by  fans dropping off their mortal coil, The appeal for personal guitars from heroes Of a bygone age will also drop off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5779
    I would have loved to have held one of the iconic guitars for a moment but as one the billions who is not in the position to buy one, I think the most interesting part about all this was the answer to recent interview question. 

“Do you still have enough guitars to make another album or tour and do you have any plans to do so?”
    ”Yes and yes”
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited June 2019
    ChrisRG said:
    Reminder: Auction is tomorrow @ 10:00 New York time (15:00 here).

@clarkefan I wanted to know the same thing.  There is something called Christie's LIVE which apparently allows online viewing and bidding.  Not tested it though.

Edit:  Just tested it with the iOS app and joined a London auction in progress at the moment.  Sitting at work so don't have sound but the video certainly works.

So it's in 8 minutes?

Is there a non-app link for something like Twitch/YouTube?

Edit: I found their YouTube channel, and they have done streams in the past. Hopefully they stream this, though there's no sign they will:

• cgumtreecgumtree Frets: 35
    I'm watching it via their iPhone app. Hasn't started yet, actually. Just announced it should be starting at 4pm UK time. Sounds like a full house at Christie's New York.
  • GimletGimlet Frets: 19
    edited June 2019
    dazzajl said:
    I would have loved to have held one of the iconic guitars for a moment but as one the billions who is not in the position to buy one, I think the most interesting part about all this was the answer to recent interview question. 

“Do you still have enough guitars to make another album or tour and do you have any plans to do so?”
    ”Yes and yes”
    Via my wife, I was fortunate enough during its display in London, to play through the majority of the collection. Sadly, many of them were difficult to play or near unplayable and required at the very least, a set-up. They had a tech on-site I believe, trying his best to ready them, but 120+ guitars in just a few days was a big ask. In some ways, you didn't miss much in not doing so.
    Humanity. It's not a race, merely a gentle stroll towards the inevitable.
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5779
    Gimlet said:
    dazzajl said:

”Yes and yes”
    Via my wife, I was fortunate enough during its display in London, to play through the majority of the collection. Sadly, many of them were difficult to play or near unplayable and required at the very least, a set-up. They had a tech on-site I believe, trying his best to ready them, but 120+ guitars in just a few days was a big ask. In some ways, you didn't miss much in not doing so.
    Never meet your heroes huh. 

I wonder if if Mr G has someone ready to buy the Black Strat for him. The auction would have been viewed as a bit of a disappointment without it but I can just see him deciding not to
    part with it. 
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    I've got the iOS app running ok but their website seems to be really really slow.  Must be everyone at tFB ready with their credit cards!!!!
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Thanks for this :)  Looks like it would work but it's maxed out, no slots available.
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1597
    Yep:

Due to great interest in this sale, Christie's LIVE™ has reached the maximum capacity for the number of online bidders and viewers and is currently unavailable. Please try to access the sale again later as online bidding lines will become available.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    dazzajl said:
    Gimlet said:
    dazzajl said:

”Yes and yes”
    Never meet your heroes huh. 

I wonder if if Mr G has someone ready to buy the Black Strat for him. The auction would have been viewed as a bit of a disappointment without it but I can just see him deciding not to
    part with it. 
    Nah, I think he's far less sentimental than most of us, and still has multiple CS copies that will be very nicely played in and sounding just as good. 

I do note he's keeping the Esquire.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Yep:

Due to great interest in this sale, Christie's LIVE™ has reached the maximum capacity for the number of online bidders and viewers and is currently unavailable. Please try to access the sale again later as online bidding lines will become available.

damn
    I had a connection, but thought they had stuck me on a repeat of the background documentary, so restarted it and now just get the same message
    people can't get online or on phone to bid!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Christies/

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    Lot 1 just sold. 1966 Strat for $340k. It's not even pre-CBS!!! :D :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • amarok1971amarok1971 Frets: 338
    what on earth will the black strat go for :astonished: 
  • amarok1971amarok1971 Frets: 338
    hell fire, theres some dick swinging going on!
  • AidanspaghettiAidanspaghetti Frets: 852
    edited June 2019
    stonevibe said:
    My actual copy of the auction catalogue arrived today. Very nice it is too!
    i cant seem to buy a physical copy on their website? Probably finger trouble but anyone any gen on how to do it?
    Thanks!
    Balls! Out of stock - just found it ... 
    Does anyone have a second they wanna sell??!!
    Pretty please!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    I can't see my bid for lot 8 winning