SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guitar workshop machinery - CNC router, Bosch GTS10XC tablesaw, dust extractors

What's Hot
rexterrexter Frets: 369
in Misc £ tFB Trader
I held on to some tools and machines after closing my business down in August 2022.

Thought it would be nice to carry on making some bodies and necks in my spare time but I'm just not using this stuff enough to warrant the space it needs and tbh the dust from woodworking just has my throat irritated for days now.

Main item is:

1mx1m custom CNC router. It's ideal for guitar making, much more power and more rigid than the build it yourself kind (Workbee etc) and for not much more money.

Made by a company in the UK who have been building these for about 8 years. I picked mine up in summer 2020 and it's not had a huge amount of use. It took me until late 2021 to really get it up and running as I was so busy with paintjobs.

It can cut a telecaster body in about 20 minutes. things like jazzmasters with big contyours and two sided machining take around an hour with setup time, but it save so much time and mistakes once you understand the process.

Steel box frame, 2.2kw powerful water-cooled spindle, connects to the included PC via parallel port. 
Nema stepper motors
Various ER20 collets included

Comes with a PC with Mach 3 machining software installed, water pump to cool the spindle and a dust shoe and I can also throw in some flexible extractor hose. 

If you're seriously interested in the machine I have what must be £2-300 worth of cutters too that could consider including if we make a deal.

These cost £3500 delivered now from the manufacturer,

I'm looking for around £2,250 ono.

As we're all guitar nerds here, I would also consider a trade for a nice American Jazzmaster or Gibson ES335 or Goldtop LP with a 50s neck profile :)

It's still set up in my friend's workshop just outside Norwich, so you can see it working at a weekend/evening. 

Also handy as an overhead router!

NExt up a Bosch GTS10XC Tablesaw. Bought from new in 2020 (more spending of COVID grants/loans...) 

Rarely used until last year for a DIY project. Great machine with the cross cut slide etc. Extends to a large size and there's a cool router table hack with these you can find online.

The one thing to note is that it was left underneath a large window last summer and the red on the Bosch logo has now faded  - just like an old burst would lol...

£400 ono for this beast 

Camvac Dust Extractor - £100
Excellent machine perfect for really fine dust collection. I used it with my Mirka sander and basically you get no dust escaping into the atmosphere at all. Quieter than cheap shop vacs too. Got some new bag filters I can include too.

Startite Mercury Pillar Drill - £250

Rocksolid drill, no runout, runs great. A single phase motor was fitted by the previous owner who was an engineer. 

Also a Robinaire vacuum pump - 4cfm 240v - £100
Bought this for vacuum pressing / veneering. Lofty ambitions of making laminated hollowbodies in the ES vein have not come to fruition!

Hakko Soldering Station - FX888d  £125
Genuine item purchased brand new from Amazon about two years ago. Can take pictures if needed.

There are othings things I'm in the middle of sorting through - sanders, tone wood etc... Will probably offer up for sale soon when I can get out to my friend's workshop where I have everything stashed.

Thenaks for looking 

Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
www.rexterguitars.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27791
    Hi Jon

Nice to see you back, but shame to see you selling up completely.  I’d always hoped you might keep a little toe in the water and maybe come back to it all sometime.

That CNC looks very similar to mine.  Did it come from “up North” (I don’t mean Cromer)?

The table saw is tempting.  What sort of workbench space does it need, and how weighty is it - I’d probably need to move it about a bit rather than leaving it in one place permanently.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28888
    I have that tablesaw.

I had one and sold it to go "up" to an Electra Begum. 

I was very happy to sell the EB and get another of the Bosch. 

@TTony - buy it and build a wheeled cabinet for it. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Hi Jon

Nice to see you back, but shame to see you selling up completely.  I’d always hoped you might keep a little toe in the water and maybe come back to it all sometime.

That CNC looks very similar to mine.  Did it come from “up North” (I don’t mean Cromer)?

The table saw is tempting.  What sort of workbench space does it need, and how weighty is it - I’d probably need to move it about a bit rather than leaving it in one place permanently.

Hey Tony! 
    Well, I had hoped to keep my hand in too but I just need to do a bit of life laundry and knuckle down on new things this year. Having these at my disposal leads me to daydreaming when I should be working on other things!

that and the dust still absolutely kills me. Did a bit of work on Monday, wearing a mask all the time and my throat is still irritated, think I just developed some kind of allergy/sensitivity over time. 

The table saw is great! I can check the footprint tomorrow. It’s not an obscene size but does weigh a fair bit. The wheeled stands do look great. 

I built my own wheely unit from some of the old RAF benches at the workshop! 

Price obviously negotiable for friends :3
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    tFB Trader
    And yes the CNC is from Dave at Woodworks in Co Durham! 
    TTony said:
    Hi Jon

www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16824
    I wish my CNC fund was further along than it currently is :(
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27791
    WezV said:
    I wish my CNC fund was further along than it currently is :(
    @WezV ;
    I have a smaller version, and a friend (from whom I bought mine) now has a larger version - all from the same guy.

They're very solid, well put together and have been totally reliable.

Check down the back of the sofa, sell a guitar or two  ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited January 15
    TTony said:

Check down the back of the sofa, sell a guitar or two 
    i am trying D   sadly with a wedding last year and big honeymoon in a couple of months the CNC may need to wait
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    TTony said:

Check down the back of the sofa, sell a guitar or two 
    i am trying D   sadly with a wedding last year and big honeymoon in a couple of months the CNC may need to wait
    Hey Wez they certainly do sound like big expenses! Congrats :)

See how it goes, I'm not sure large machines sell that quickly these days so you never know. Also alays up for deals.

I got out to my friend's workshop on Saturday and Sunday and fired it up. Planed some huge boards of mahogany that were too large for the 12" jointer, finally cut a new repro pickguard fr my '67 ES330 and made some custom plates for an old Framus archtop I'm restoring. Just so much you can do with a CNC I love it. 
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    I don't think it will be this year for me, not unless the day job gets very generous with my bonus in a few months.

I am working towards it though.   I've started doing some designs in Fusion 360 to see if I can get my head around it.  First step is to see if I can recreate some of my simpler designs in 3D, then go from there.
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    I don't think it will be this year for me, not unless the day job gets very generous with my bonus in a few months.

I am working towards it though.   I've started doing some designs in Fusion 360 to see if I can get my head around it.  First step is to see if I can recreate some of my simpler designs in 3D, then go from there.
    Fusion 360 is great. It took me a while to get used to 'seeing' things in 3D to then draw them but once it clicks it so useful. And 2D stuff is really quick to master.
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom