SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SOLD* PRS CU24 30th Anniversary Quilted 10 top!

What's Hot
valleydcvalleydc Frets: 45
edited October 2015 in Guitars £
Hi Guys, * WAS ASKING £2400 WILL ACCEPT £2250*

putting the feelers out for my PRS cu24 quilted 10top 30th anniversary that i bought as new from sound affects  premier for 3.2k and I'm selling for 2.4k £2250.  She is in as new condition and has only been out of the case a handful of times and comes with original case and candy.

As these are so new you don't see many (if any) selling second hand at the moment and as PRS will soon be offering only limited quilted tops due to supply it will most likely be collectible in the future.

Please feel free to message me if you need any further information.  Based in Nelson, just north of Cardiff, South Wales.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• valleydcvalleydc Frets: 45
    Bump.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    No love for this?
    Why the sale?

I'm edging toward selling my violet PRS Cu24 (10 top, 2014 Wood Library model with 59/09 pups) as I basically have two of the same guitar and would like to claw back some money. I think the price is decent and haven't seen any second hand. Mine was also either £3.2k or £3.3k new. 

Good luck with the sale!
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Sorry to Hijack The thread, can you tell me when Paul said about the making quilt a Ltd only top?
    thanks
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2015
    Sorry Guys been away and laptop crapped out.  Anyway bump and I know from reading an article in the guitarist mag that this grade quilt maple is becoming harder and harder to obtain.  I would be interested in a trade for a custom shop (preferably sonic blue) strat (relic) with rosewood fingerboard if theres any going.
  • firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    Pm'd
  • No affiliation, but that's a great price for a great guitar - good luck with your sale.

I can also support the quilt maple statement. I have it first-hand from a major PRS dealer in the UK that PRS are genuinely struggling to source (quality) quilt tops, and that includes right through to Private Stock.

Expect an increased premium in future, and maybe even restrictions to limited runs / private stock.

No horse backed in this race, but just wanted to support the OP's statement - and share some info :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks powerslave it's nice of you to comment.  I couldn't remember where I had read the info on quilt tops but I new I'd seen it somewhere.  I must be mad selling it but I just have a need for a custom shop strat in my life!
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 340
    PMd
    Bumpty Dumpty.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    No affiliation, but that's a great price for a great guitar - good luck with your sale.

I can also support the quilt maple statement. I have it first-hand from a major PRS dealer in the UK that PRS are genuinely struggling to source (quality) quilt tops, and that includes right through to Private Stock.

Expect an increased premium in future, and maybe even restrictions to limited runs / private stock.

No horse backed in this race, but just wanted to support the OP's statement - and share some info :)
    Can concur.

Artist-grade quilt cannot be ordered anymore at PRS. They occasionally churn some out anyway but you can't ask for it.

I was inquiring about a special order with Knaggs and was informed that a quilt top on solid bodies is now an $1,800 USD upcharge... that is not a typo. I asked about it and they confirmed it was simply down to scarcity. They are small so probably have to pay a little more than PRS might due to not having nearly the same volume orders from their friendly neighbourhood sawmills, but nonetheless, it could portend things to come from other builders who currently don't charge extra for it.

Also, neither PRS or Knaggs are doing quilt on any sort of hollowbody anymore at all no matter what the grade. I guess they need bigger slabs for those for whatever reason and it's getting very difficult to get in a quality they can use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh go on then, bump.
  • Bump.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6170
    tFB Trader
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Cheers for the interest thorpy. She's a beauty but sadly not for me bud. Thanks for the interest though. All the best.
  • Pm'd
  • Bump

• NerineNerine Frets: 2166
    I can't see the pictures, but Relic Strat or Les Paul Custom any interest as a trade?
  • Pm'd you Nerine.
  • Bump.
  • Price drop, any takers??