1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Well that got me excited. Not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4647
    Can't wait blood and tits
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    When I was younger I loved fantasy stuff, but these days it just seems such a cheesy subject. So yeah, I've never seen it. It must have something going for it though, it's very popular 
  • axisus said:
    When I was younger I loved fantasy stuff, but these days it just seems such a cheesy subject. So yeah, I've never seen it. It must have something going for it though, it's very popular 

It was excellent - it just sort of got a bit dull. 

I love Brandon Sanderson at the moment. Well worth reading his stuff. Definitely not cliché at all, very unusual and imaginative. Steven erikson is good, too. Consistently amazing series. 
    There very little fantasy in GOT.
    Its more about politics and how bloody nasty people can be.
    oh yes it has lots of tits in it as well
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    axisus said:

It was excellent - it just sort of got a bit dull. 

I love Brandon Sanderson at the moment. Well worth reading his stuff. Definitely not cliché at all, very unusual and imaginative. Steven erikson is good, too. Consistently amazing series. 
    Ta for the Brandon Sanderson recommendation.  My son loves fantasy novels and his birthday is coming up so I've been looking for something different for him. I just ordered the Mistborn trilogy box set. 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16726
    Hmm, more "I never watched it, it must be shit" comments.

the first series was slow but very close to the book.  It sometimes struggles from having too many characters and stories moving quite slowly.  But it's brilliant, and I am excited.

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    I am also excited one if the best tv series ever, along with BB. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    looking forward to this season. The previous 6 seasons have built up to this so it should keep me watching. GOT and Vikings are the only things worth watching recently.
  • WezV said:

the first series was slow but very close to the book.  It sometimes struggles from having too many characters and stories moving quite slowly.  But it's brilliant, and I am excited.

Definitely not from me. I've seen all the current seasons, and read the books up to whenever he stopped writing for a while. 

I thought it started really strong but, as with many epic fantasy series', it seemed to spiral a bit. The same happened to the Robert Jordan books, where it just sort of got a bit too big and he had to reel it in for a couple of books. 

A part of it might be the gaps between each season (and book). There are so many characters I found it hard to keep up with all of the plots.

The last episode of the last season was pretty good, but I've forgotten so much plot since then and I don't really want to rewatch another season. I've rewatched the others a couple of times already... 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    WezV said:

Actually there weren't any of them. 1 sarcasm (no evidence of not watching), 1 thought it got a bit dull (clearly watched). I haven't seen it but wasn't condescending.

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    BigBrother?????
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    BigBrother?????
    Of course @professorben , Quality TV 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5159
    WezV said:

Ironic that that would be a criticism, given how much the show has trimmed down the number of characters and increased the pace of the plots (the ones from the book at least). 

I find it frustratingly shallow compared to the books- still brilliant telly, just the age-old "book is better" complaint.

ThePrettyDamned said:

I've seen all the current seasons, and read the books up to whenever he stopped writing for a while. 

GRRM's had other projects besides ASOIAF, but I don't think he's ever actually stopped writing the series, he just does it bloody slowly.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Crumbs, was not expecting James!
    axisus said:
    WezV said:

Actually there weren't any of them. 1 sarcasm (no evidence of not watching), 1 thought it got a bit dull (clearly watched). I haven't seen it but wasn't condescending.

It was speculative based on the negativity in the first few comments

Can anyone name a better Fantasy series currently running on TV?   If anyone says The Shannara Chronicles they are going on my ignore list!  ;)

I think we are spoiled for good TV series these days.  GOT may not have the fastest pace all the time, but its nice to know it will have an end and tell a complete story.  I am particularly excited now we have moved past the books and I don't have a clue what is going to happen

+1 on Vikings. Plus if you read about the names of people in Vikings it all based an true events
    +1 on Vikings. Plus if you read about the names of people in Vikings it all based an true events
    So is GOT. ;)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Plus if you read about the names of people in Vikings it's all very vaguely based on true events.

FTFY.  ;)

I really like Vikings btw, but ultimately it's a soap opera with loose connections to historical events.