What's Hot
2»

Comments

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    edited April 2017
    WezV said:
    axisus said:
    WezV said:
    Hmm, more "I never watched it, it must be shit" comments.

Actually there weren't any of them. 1 sarcasm (no evidence of not watching), 1 thought it got a bit dull (clearly watched). I haven't seen it but wasn't condescending.

It was speculative based on the negativity in the first few comments

Can anyone name a better Fantasy series currently running on TV?   If anyone says The Shannara Chronicles they are going on my ignore list! 

I think we are spoiled for good TV series these days.  GOT may not have the fastest pace all the time, but its nice to know it will have an end and tell a complete story.  I am particularly excited now we have moved past the books and I don't have a clue what is going to happen

The Last Kingdom. 

I am a HUGE. GoT fan though. 

Hmmm thinking about it, TLK is more faux historical. 

The Shannara Chronicles was bloody awful, I found turning the  sound off and just enjoying the eye candy worked best. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5159
    The Last Kingdom. 

Hmmm thinking about it, TLK is more faux historical. 

I was impressed enough with the first series of The Last Kingdom to read the books.

Good? Absolutely. Better than GOT / ASOIAF? Nah. Not fantasy either, in spite of the presence of plenty of witches and wizards of questionable provenance.

GRRM could take a leaf out of Cornwell's book (sorry) when it comes to writing efficiency though.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom