Do FX pedal manufacturers sell spare backs so you can use velcro and not knacker resale value?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• polotska said:
    Boss does (at least in the USA). They come with the rubber pad, but not attached, so you can leave it off and apply velcro more easily.

If you just want a better surface on which to adhere velcro, you can flip the plate on many Boss pedals. There are some where it won’t fit this way, though.

Sadly the old MIJ ones don't let this happen :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Or better still, someone comes up with a pedalboard that doesn't require Velcro ( there are a couple, but not available in the UK)
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    mellowsun said:
    Or better still, someone comes up with a pedalboard that doesn't require Velcro ( there are a couple, but not available in the UK)
    I find a 6" screw right through the centre of the pedal does wonders......

unless you wish to use it of course. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    revsorg said:
    I've often wondered why someone doesn't make a pedalboard system that involves taking off your pedal's backplates and scewing all your pedals to a single sheet of metal.

You mean a Helix or other Multi-fx? :-)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    mellowsun said:
    They do. I bolt mine down by removing two of the corner screws, drilling through the board and using longer screws into the pedal. I'm not a fan of velcro anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Isn't there a firm called Aclam that makes pedalboards where the pedals are held in vise-like devices?
  • @revsorg if its for a boss pedal we sell the replacement base plates: http://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product/boss-base-plate/
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    edited April 2017
    @revsorg if its for a boss pedal we sell the replacement base plates: http://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product/boss-base-plate/
    That's what I'm talking about!  I don't have any Boss pedals, but when I was assembling my son's pedalboard I would have happily paid that much for a bunch of MXR and TC Electronic pedal backs.  Of course, the "damage" is done now.  I appreciate that there are a varying range of opinions about whether you should protect your resale investment or just say F%&K it and stick the velcro on.

@CustomPedalBoards - the ALT and TITLE tags on the product photos on the page you linked to say SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA.  If you replace that with "Boss pedal base plate" (or at least, something that says what the image depicts) you will (a) help visually disabled people know what the image shows (b) possibly help your search engine optimisation for the page (c) increase your chance of appearing in Google Image Search.  I recommend that you go through your entire website applying this practice.  No cheating, just describe concisely what the images are showing.

Also (sorry for interfering) but on this page if you're just targeting the search phrase "gallery" you're OK but really each image should have an appropriate ALT and TITLE tag. This will take several hours if you're going to accurately describe each image but it's a great investment of your time.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    To be honest I never put Velcro over the whole back anyway. Just the corners that are in contact with the board. Still holds firmly enough. Anyone whose bought a pedal off me would've noticed that ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    Even Hafþór Björnsson would struggle to get a wah wah pedal off a pedalboard if you've made the mistake of covering the whole of the back in velcro.