SOLO of the Month #26 - Chat

2»

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited April 2017
    Interesting to see your chords

This is what I'd worked out by ear before I did my solo. The '11' in brackets next to the Em7 denotes the bounce on the A note

[Em7(11)    A7]  x3
    Dma7   Dma7

[Em7(11)    A7]  x3
    Dma7   F#7

Bm7   C#m7   E/F#    F#7
    Em7    A7    Dma7

The last Em7 fits but, now I've listened again, I hear you played a G and A in the bass

So around 30 to 32 seconds (at the end of the second pass) I heard an F#7 instead of E9 to Eb9. Listening again, now I'm thinking it's possibly F#7  with a quick passing F7 at the end.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5856
    edited April 2017
    Thanks Stratman, I might have confused everyone here with the E9 to Eb9, but it is a 9 chord and likely F#9 to F9 I will play through it again later, I must have written the wrong chord down on my notes, rushing through playing it, counting wrong number of frets and then jotting down etc.

All the other chords are correct though, but I'll play through yours as well, be good to hear.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
    edited April 2017
    Aye, it is F#9 to a passing F9 sorry, I can't count up to 9 frets

I had a play through that. The E/F# is very close to the C#min11 @stratman3142 as in xx4454 and x44454 and the A11 only has the A note that the Emin7 is missing. That's not half bad by ear though :)
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Sent mine in. It didn't matter what the style was, I was going to find an excuse to use my new toy, a Frederic Effects Unpleasant Companion ... so this month it's in the style of Ernie Isley.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I am getting nothing for this :( everything I play is awful. I can't find a sound or style to fit. Will keep trying.
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    Just sent mine in.  Looking forward to hearing everyone solos
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    Just submitted a second rate effort recorded last week - wanted to do another but ran out of time! Fluffed up the ending but tried to cunningly disguise with some volume fade out. Hoping I'm not too late.... 
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    keep getting a bounce back email saying failed to send to <otms@thefb.co.uk> (I'm using the email address in the original post). Is this a known issue? Is it just me?! Just flagging in case. Looks like a potentially dyslexic email address...!
  • @jaytmon it'll have got through. I had the same. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    These solos are fantastic, everyone has done the track a real credit and I've still 2 more to hear. It's gonna be tough voting.
  • @Bellycaster Agreed. Some real crackers. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Entry now closed, I will add the remaining entries to the playlist and start the voting tonight.
    Old Is Gold