Helix LT is now available for order. Cut down version - ish.

What's Hot

Comments

• Garbage bought 30+ helices and I'm sure other groups use them too.
    I'm upset nobody questioned the absurdity of this!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    That split screen is great, certainly makes the scribble strips less important.  I think if I was buying one today I'd have saved a few quid and gone for this one, I wonder if they think they've saturated the top end market, because this must surely have an effect on sales of the original Helix
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 895
    Helix LT doesn't sound as good as an original Helix which has slightly more haunting mids
    This is a concern for me as I do require my mids to be quite haunting. How much less haunting would you say they are? I like them to be misty but wouldn't need to go all the way up to reminiscent.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Helix LT doesn't sound as good as an original Helix which has slightly more haunting mids
    This is a concern for me as I do require my mids to be quite haunting. How much less haunting would you say they are? I like them to be misty but wouldn't need to go all the way up to reminiscent.
    It's ok, you can connect up a USB Ambient Bulb - they are only 50 quid and about 12 months of deep seated regret.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27176
    MrsF just said "eh, just get the more expensive one and stop worrying about it". That's me told then! :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28651
    MrsF sounds wise.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MrsF just said "eh, just get the more expensive one and stop worrying about it". That's me told then! :D 
    She's the one 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    It's our wedding anniversary today as well. I take that as a sign!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Just listening t some of the demos of it (I know it's sonically the same as Helix), the Sweetwater one sounds horrible, but Mr Hindmarsh makes it sound very nice indeed.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26725
    dindude said:
    Just listening t some of the demos of it (I know it's sonically the same as Helix), the Sweetwater one sounds horrible, but Mr Hindmarsh makes it sound very nice indeed.
    Hindmarsh makes anything sound good - check out his demo of the Firehawk. He's absolutely bloody brilliant, but that makes it hard to trust his demos :(
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    dindude said:
    Hindmarsh makes anything sound good - check out his demo of the Firehawk. He's absolutely bloody brilliant, but that makes it hard to trust his demos :(
    Yeah I'm with you, I don't trust his demos because he's a wizard and isn't to be trusted. The Sweetwater one sounded like an old Digitech RP55 (or something) I had.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26725
    dindude said:
    dindude said:
    Yeah I'm with you, I don't trust his demos because he's a wizard and isn't to be trusted. The Sweetwater one sounded like an old Digitech RP55 (or something) I had.
    Exactly. I remember my introduction to him was the original stealth-reveal of the Helix...

That intro riff...watch what his fingers are doing. Might be simple to some, but to me it's totally witchcraft.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's our wedding anniversary today as well. I take that as a sign!
    You *have* got her something equally as expensive haven't you..?

;) 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24563
    Sporky said:
    MrsF sounds wise.
    And yet I can spot a flaw in her decision making process..... ;) 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    dindude said:
    dindude said:
    Exactly. I remember my introduction to him was the original stealth-reveal of the Helix...

That intro riff...watch what his fingers are doing. Might be simple to some, but to me it's totally witchcraft.
    Not seen that before - sounds friggin awesome.
    Sporky said:
    MrsF sounds wise.
    And yet I can spot a flaw in her decision making process..... ;) 
    Oi! I resemble that remark!! 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    MrsF just said "eh, just get the more expensive one and stop worrying about it". That's me told then! :D 
    A definate keeper mate
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Very wise, you might save a few quid now, but in a few months wish you'd got the big one.  I would have probably bought a LT had they been released at the same time and regretted it now.  I don't use the Helix to anything like its full potential, but it's good to know it's all there if I need it
    Right then, I think I'm settled on the full fat. Is it worth getting the backpack thing at the same time? I'm not gigging but it would be useful to have a case for it. Is there another case that's better or the same for cheaper?
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4727
    edited April 2017
    Helix prices are beginning to drop a bit. Bax Shop, Gear 4 Music £1147, Hot Rox UK £1149 (as compared to £1224 at most outlets eg Andertons, GAK etc, - previously £1279).

With the Helix LT at £849, I can see that many folk will still likely opt for the full Helix.  But I'd be interested in comparing the Headrush FX (£899) with both Helix and Helix LT - it must have been a factor in Line 6 bringing out the LT and Helix prices reducing.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)