Helix LT is now available for order. Cut down version - ish.

What's Hot
1272829303133»

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Cabicular said:
    Adamski said:
    I'm sure this has been said before but can you use Helix to change amp channels OR switch between two amps/feed guitar signal to two amps? 
    Yes there is an external channel switching jack but not with the LT
    you can send signals to 6 amps if you want and two XLRs to the PA
    LT also has a dual external channel switching jack, but its functionality is shared with EXP 2 In. You globally choose what that jack does.
    Oops
    sorry I missed that

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Thanks guys, just pulled the trigger on an LT! 
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    GUYS I HAVE ANOTHER DUMB QUESTION Is there an option to make the switches momentary as opposed to latching? I have a lot of riffs where only parts are effected as opposed to whole sections. I'm really nailing my due diligence here. 
    VJIves said:
    GUYS I HAVE ANOTHER DUMB QUESTION Is there an option to make the switches momentary as opposed to latching? I have a lot of riffs where only parts are effected as opposed to whole sections. I'm really nailing my due diligence here. 
    Yes
    when you assign an effect to a switch it gives you the option to latch or momentary 
    I have one set to jump pitch +12

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited April 2017
    VJIves said:
    If you touch and hold on a switch there's a 'Type' option that allows Latching or Momentary to be selected.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And here's another wee taster of my Tele straight into the helix

Cabicular said:
    VJIves said:
    Yes
    when you assign an effect to a switch it gives you the option to latch or momentary 
    I have one set to jump pitch +12

I literally can't find one reason not to get one of these. I guess there's particularly weird pedals I'd need to keep (Count to Five, Judder, etc) but for the most part not so much...Thanks everyone!
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    VJIves said:

I literally can't find one reason not to get one of these.
    I'm (worryingly) starting to feel the same. Seem's like it's the solution to all the little niggles i've got going on at the moment, plus if i add up the cost of all the pedals i'm gassing for it comes in at a lot more than i can get an LT for..
    nick79 said:
    VJIves said:
    I literally can't find one reason not to get one of these.
    I'm (worryingly) starting to feel the same. Seem's like it's the solution to all the little niggles i've got going on at the moment, plus if i add up the cost of all the pedals i'm gassing for it comes in at a lot more than i can get an LT for..
    Yeah exactly, I'm sure I could fund the LT just from selling the pedals it would replace. When the older models were over a grand I didn't even ponder it, but I'm a man who wears slip ons and drives an automatic - if there's a way to make something easier and more convenient, then I will do it. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GMC_PhilGMC_Phil Frets: 0
    John_A said:
    Was expecting somthing like this but not this quickly.  It would certainly have done me for what I'm using the Helix for, I would miss the scribble strips though :)
    You have performance view where the screen replicates the footswitches and shows the patch names, it can also show the effects names in stomp mode. ;)
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    GMC_Phil said:
    John_A said:
    Was expecting somthing like this but not this quickly.  It would certainly have done me for what I'm using the Helix for, I would miss the scribble strips though :)
    You have performance view where the screen replicates the footswitches and shows the patch names, it can also show the effects names in stomp mode. ;)
    Looking at them both the other day, I prefered the LT.  Scribble strips look cool but the LT way of doing things would be easier to see on a dimly lit stage I would imagine.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    The scribble strips are very easy to read on a dim stage.  Even with my eyes;)
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I can't imagine anything being easier to use live than the scribble strips really.
    simonk said:
    I can't imagine anything being easier to use live than the scribble strips really.
    Looks like both models have a great system then!  
  • piercelmnopiercelmno Frets: 117
    John_A said:
    So I'm a converted and bought a helix lt this week. I should probably read through the whole thread...but have cases been discussed? Found?

Official Line 6 Helix backpack

Novation backpack - cheap and fits

Gator mixcase - nice ABS case with wheels fits like a charm

Thoman / ebay custom flight cases

Cabicular said:
    There is this too but
    http://www.theflightcasecompany.com/line-6-helix-pedalboard-flight-case/
    If you only use the Helix the official backpack is great and plenty protection

Thanks 

Okay, finally got one ordered, should be with me on Wednesday.   I've sold all pedals but bare bones, so looking forward to getting a few patches ready for both my bands.

Keeping my amps and have also kept my pedaltrain and Voodoo labs PSU, so I can add the odd effect the Helix doesn't cover, if I so desire.