chorus
    noise surpressor 
    delay
    multi
    delay
    verb
    verb
    loop

@GavRichList ;Having heard some of your clips I can well believe that you have that many pedals for good reason, but I can well imagine that many players would find a board of that size unmanageable.

I've always wondered:

How many of them you use at one time?

Do you have them set up for one sound all the time (except the Space/H9 etc), or do you need to need to alter settings during a set?

Do you ever stop tapdancing?

Is this basically a core setup of stuff that's used a lot, plus lots of things that are only really used for one particular bit of a song here and there?

or, tl:dr- how do you actually work that thing?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Distortion (Amptweaker Fatmetal) with Fuzz (Pharoah) and Distortion (Hustle Drive) in the fx loops
    Tuner
    Delay (DD7)
    Multi FX (Bitquest)
    Reverb (Supermoon)

This is partly down to the annoying placement of the power inputs on some of the pedals. Might swap the Bitquest and Supermoon around. I think the tuner may have to go off the board altogether and stay on the floor - especially when I get the new Belle Epoch Deluxe.

I could get a bigger board but I.....cannot be arsed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7163
    DesVegas said:
    No Gav, exactly no .. 
    fussy bugger. 

Ok

tuner
    comp
    boost
    drive
    fuzz
    ring mod / trem
    pitch
    distortion
    pitch
    shimmer
    freeze
    glitch
    pitch
    lo-fi warble
    chorus
    noise surpressor 
    delay
    multi
    delay
    verb
    verb
    loop

@GavRichList ;Having heard some of your clips I can well believe that you have that many pedals for good reason, but I can well imagine that many players would find a board of that size unmanageable.

I've always wondered:

How many of them you use at one time?

Do you have them set up for one sound all the time (except the Space/H9 etc), or do you need to need to alter settings during a set?

Do you ever stop tapdancing?

Is this basically a core setup of stuff that's used a lot, plus lots of things that are only really used for one particular bit of a song here and there?

or, tl:dr- how do you actually work that thing?
    1. I guess the most at once would be maybe 4 or 5. 
    2. Settings are kept as are. Variances come from different combinations, and the Space, H9 and Moogerfooger are midi synced / triggered for specifics per song. 
    3. For a few bars maybe! 
    4. Yeah, I'd say so. To be honest (and I'm aware this sounds ludicrous) I still consider that in the main I play pretty clean for the majority of it (don't really count delay and verb in that). With things like glitch, I tend to use really sparingly so that it doesn't turn into a gimmick or an annoyance. 
    5. It's actually a lot simpler to use than you might expect; I load a preset on my Space at the start of each song. That in turn loads corresponding preset on H9, and clocks my delay in time via Midi. My loop pedal is midi synced directly to our electronics from the laptop, so that too is perfectly in time and pretty idiot proof as far as live looping is concerned. Yeah I need to stay sober to hit all my markers and I have to pay attention at all times, but there's nothing new in that for me. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5145
    1. I guess the most at once would be maybe 4 or 5. 
    2. Settings are kept as are. Variances come from different combinations, and the Space, H9 and Moogerfooger are midi synced / triggered for specifics per song. 
    3. For a few bars maybe! 
    4. Yeah, I'd say so. To be honest (and I'm aware this sounds ludicrous) I still consider that in the main I play pretty clean for the majority of it (don't really count delay and verb in that). With things like glitch, I tend to use really sparingly so that it doesn't turn into a gimmick or an annoyance. 
    5. It's actually a lot simpler to use than you might expect; I load a preset on my Space at the start of each song. That in turn loads corresponding preset on H9, and clocks my delay in time via Midi. My loop pedal is midi synced directly to our electronics from the laptop, so that too is perfectly in time and pretty idiot proof as far as live looping is concerned. Yeah I need to stay sober to hit all my markers and I have to pay attention at all times, but there's nothing new in that for me. 

Thanks for that. Most of the time when I see pedalboards that big they seem like a powered, wired version of the cupboard in my house where I keep the guitar stuff I'm not using but don't want to sell. I suspected that yours was a little more thought-out.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3869
    Tuner, volume, wah, univibe, fuzzface, overdrive, boost, buffer, phaser, delay, tremolo.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12902

Tuner

Chorus

Flanger

light Distortion

heavier Distortion

fuzz

Trem

Delay

Reverb

Looper

• Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    Fuzz
    Tuner
    Boost
    Drive
    Delay
    Chorus or Phaser
    Trem

Fuzz at the front because it doesn't like a buffer before it and modulation last (trem always the very last) for me. Gonna throw a reverb in either just before or just after the delay at some point soon.