Wearing rings while playing

What's Hot

Comments

• Have to word this carefully but... played a gig recently with a guy who isn't in my usual line-up.. He split up with his wife a couple of years or so ago following an affair on his part.
    They managed to patch things up and are back on a good path.
    He took his wedding ring off at the gig as it was hurting him to play and put it down somewhere.
    And......well, let's just say he found it quickly enough, but man, the look of horror on his face when he thought he had lost it for good and would have some serious explaining to do when he got home.....!

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Nikko said:
    I keep my Wedding ring on. Doesn't seem to get in my way. Im sure you will get used to it in time Tom.
    This - I don't notice it at all
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I use mine as a handy percussion tool.  (1:42 onwards)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV7mOTbLCDk

Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Gassage said:
    My cock ring always comes in handy for reaching G10.

....and this is why Gassage is banned from every lap steel dealership in the UK, Europe and North & South America.
    I thought 'Lap Steel' was his username on the other forum. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    It's not bad actually, just wondered! 
    It does sometimes clunk the neck but almost in a satisfying way.. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27064
    Mine clacks on the edge of the fretboard occasionally but you get used to it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • always take my wedding ring off when i play - 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    octatonic said:c CCTV
    I don't wear any rings.

Me neither  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • As others have said, you get used to it- my hand feels weird on the rare occasions I take my wedding ring off... that said, I wear a ring made of silicone which I never need to take off.
    (I had a nasty experience when I forgot to remove my metal wedding ring for an impromptu climbing session with some mates, it snagged on a rock... Ouch. I then bought the silicone one, so the metal ring only gets worn if I'm trying to be presentable).
  • I got married in late-2015 and had to adapt to wearing my ring while I play.  It wasnt difficult, just a slight change to my left had grip on the fretboard with my fingers now straighter on against the fretboard.  First week or so was a bit clacky with me dunting my ring off of the frets but it was fine before I knew it.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Rings, bracelet, watch, they all get taken off and thrown in a pocket.
  • If I was on stage playing guitar and the ring was off my wife would be raising an eyebrow...I just know it lol
  • lysanderlysander Frets: 574
    I used to switch mine to my right hand when playing but since starting again after a long break it hasn't bothered me so far so I leave it in place.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    It clangs against the frets when I slide or fret the lower strings, so I take it off. Saves the frets and saves the ring too.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I just think of Margaret Thatcher so it doesn't rise and catch the bottom edge of the guitar.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    I take mine off to play, it's not a big deal but sometimes it hits a fret when I'm moving about the neck and I find it a bit distracting.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4542
    edited April 2017
    You soon get used to it, that was the first thing i noticed when my band played at my own wedding reception. Very strange at first but it is a nice reminder of your one true love.

As a side note my wife is Polish and over there wearing a ring on the left hand means your are a widow so 90% of the time it is on my right hand anyways
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    Only took mine off when I got divorced. Genuinely loved wearing it - never got in the way at all (though I chose a very thin one).
  • HalikusHalikus Frets: 59
    My rings stay on as any wear/damage done was by me and thus all part of the story however other people take them off or don't play my guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    Only took mine off when I got divorced. Genuinely loved wearing it - never got in the way at all (though I chose a very thin one).
    Wife or ring?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom