TheFB Fat Club.

What's Hot

Comments

• TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I'm 5 foot 6 so my current weight of 12 stone puts me in the 'overweight' category, according to the BMI index.

Thing is not many of my male relatives are much taller, so we're all short but stocky.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Actually guys, what is say a healthy loss for the first month? 

I aim to Exercise 30 mins 5 times a week, mainly cardio on a cross trainer at the gym, with some small weights for arms and legs 3 times a week. I'll also try cutting down on portions and coke + sugar. 

Im in the dark really about what a realistic type of loss is per week or month? 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    I *think* it's 2kg a week that's regarded as healthy weight loss.

I've been doing 10k steps daily since before Xmas and, while my initial weight loss was quite rapid it's settled at 12 stone. I'm reliably informed that's normal too.

As part of this club I'm aiming to regularly do strength training as increased muscle tone is said to help with weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight :)

• ThorpyFX said:
    Philly_Q said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    I am currently 117kg aka 18st 6.... boooo but it's a start point 
    I say this not to criticise or take the piss, but.... crikey, that's very nearly twice my weight.
    That sentence reads exactly like "I'm not racist but...." 

In my defence  some of us have different genetic makeup. I have throughout my life competed in power sports such as discus, shotputt, rugby, boxing and weight lifting.

When at my slimmest (whilst I was boxing), and ten percent body fat I still weighed 97kg /15stone 3. I am over weight based on what is normal for me but that's why I thought I'd join this thread.

That being said I'll still have a 48" chest and 18" biceps when I'm done but hopefully with a more respectable 32-34" waist.

Fingers crossed anyway  

p.s I can bicep curl an ez curl bar that weighs more than you...

My bmi says I should be between 8-9.5 stone ish.  

I'd like to be in my healthy weight range - I have been 9 stone before and I felt good but I was sorely lacking in muscle compared to the usual. Even now, although my upper body strength is pretty poor, my leg muscles are enormous and have very little fat relative to the rest of my body. So if I wind up 10-11 stone it'll hopefully be due to muscle from working out rather than because I've given up. 

Ultimately, I know when I'm healthy and when I'm not - bmi is fairly accurate for me. But any loss is good - if I lost three stone, that'd a massive improvement in my health. 
  • skunkwerx said:
    Actually guys, what is say a healthy loss for the first month? 

I aim to Exercise 30 mins 5 times a week, mainly cardio on a cross trainer at the gym, with some small weights for arms and legs 3 times a week. I'll also try cutting down on portions and coke + sugar. 

Im in the dark really about what a realistic type of loss is per week or month? 

I know it seems silly, but diet is the main cause of weight problems, not exercise (although increasing exercise helps). 

Last time I was this big a couple of years ago, I lost 4lbs a week for a couple of weeks, then averaged 2lb per week. Stick to a diet and it'll occasionally drop more, sometimes it may go up (there are fluctuations) bit if you're consistent it should steadily drop about 2lb per week assuming a 500 calorie deficit per day ish. 
    Cheers guys. I reckon cutting out the average of 12-15 cans of coke per week and usual 2 pints of milk a day will help no doubt.. 

its whether I can manage that with doing exercise everyday haha!! 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    skunkwerx said:
    Cheers guys. I reckon cutting out the average of 12-15 cans of coke per week and usual 2 pints of milk a day will help no doubt.. 

its whether I can manage that with doing exercise everyday haha!! 
    your teeth, guts and body will love you if you cut that amount of coke out.... nasty stuff!!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    in a way, drinking 12-15 cans of coke is an ideal starting point for weight loss because it should be easy to cut out. Easy win right there. If I were to get serious about weight loss I'd have to cut out the booze which obviously is a double challenge. 

• I seriously need to cut back on the beers, perhaps even completely. I've been slim my whole life, but a few years of sedentary office work and more booze than I should have left me with an ale gut.

I'm not "fat" per se, but I am getting a spare tyre that I need to get rid of.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Healthy eating has made a huge difference for me too. I eat healthier about 70% of the time but I'm really going to get stuck in to shift the last stone of weight.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    A word of caution- don't get too worried about scale weight.
    15 stone could look awesome if you are 8% body fat, or awful if you are 40% body fat.
    Ultimately it is a look you are going for.

If you can't calculate body fat percentage then this should give you a rough idea of where you are at:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    15 stone could look awesome if you are 8% body fat, or awful if you are 40% body fat.

If you can't calculate body fat percentage then this should give you a rough idea of where you are at:

True dat. I reckon I'm around the 25-30% going by that image. Most of it seemingly on my torso and inside thighs haha. 

Also true regarding the coke intake. 
    It should be an easy win right there.. 
    come to think about it, I also have 6 bars of wispa chocolate per week... 
    If I cut that out, my average of 2 pints of milk a day and cut down portion sizes, I should see if drop off... 'should'. Knowing my luck I'll somehow pile it on!! Haha. 

My alcohol intake is so low its a non issue for me.. makes it so when I do go out (once a month if that) I can drink a few wines and thats me sorted. 

I'm going to get into with you guys this coming week.. and if I feel like I can really hack it as an ongoing thing, then I'll start a video diary, which may also help me stick at it.. 

thats my major issue, I go all or nothing. That is hard and proven to not be sustainable and thus I end up relapsing! 

So for me, I'll hit the gym, but if its taking its toll i'll cut back to 20 mins of cardio a day instead of 30 for a couple weeks and maybe allow myself 1 coke a day for a couple weeks too.. wean off it and go easy on meself haha.. 
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    edited April 2017
    I'd guess I'm about 20% based on that, maybe a tad more. Anyway, 15 and a quarter or so stone two minutes ago. Apparently I'm 26 on the NHS bmi tool, says i should weigh roughly between 11 and 14 stone. Based purely on how I look and my body shape I personally would think 11 stone would be significantly underweight, but I suppose it depends where the weight is lost. I'm 6'3" and according to the police I'm of athletic build, but that's a whole other story... (I'm not a criminal just to clarify)
    I have a habit of night time microwave burgers which I'll stop and the dog can have slightly longer walks.
    I'll aim for 13, let the games begin. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    BMI isn't necessarily accurate either- it is better applied to groups of peoples, rather than individuals.
    You may find you fall outside the range of 'healthy' due to having a larger or smaller frame, being particularly gifted when it comes to gaining muscle.

I know plenty of people who have regarded it as gospel and then ended up miserable because they cannot achieve something that genetically was impossible, despite 2 + years of dedicated training.

Same goes for naturally big guys trying to get down sub 10% body fat and small guys trying to get YUUUGE.
    You can only do what your genetics will allow, unless you're prepared to do steroids/HGH.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm 25% - 30% going by that picture. Mainly I'd love to lose the beer gut. I haven't touched alcohol for a few years so it's all junk food and fizzy drinks.

I hope I can look alright, genetically.. I sometimes wonder if my stomach naturally looks pregnant as fuck, or if I was supposed to be born a woman, which explains my breasts... 

My cousins have had major spinal surgery with loads of metalwork put in to straighten out their spines, but as far as I know my spine isnt overly bent.. I just feel my gut sticks out too far! 

Though my tits are bigger than most of the girls i work with. Which I am proud of. But ultimately I'd prefer a flat chest lol!! 
  • octatonic said:
    You can only do what your genetics will allow, unless you're prepared to do steroids/HGH.
    Never go full Armstrong ;)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1Y3FzVQi-R8/maxresdefault.jpg

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Count me in, I'm currently 12 stone 6 which is about the heaviest I've ever been and it has been niggling away at my self confidence.

Properly toned & in shape I should be around 11 & a half, my diet isn't that bad overall but I've a tendency to over indulge every once in a while and then guilt has me over compensate for several days afterwards, so looking to curb falling into that binge & purge mindset.

More of an issue has been a lack of a regular exercise routine for the past 9-10 months. I used to play squash or tennis once a week and/or go swimming as well, but irregular shift patterns broke said routine. Want to turn that back around, even if it's just swimming once a week to begin with.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28431
    I've lost a fair bit over the last year or so, and I think it's been down to a couple of things:

1) Sprocket needs 2-3 hours of walking a day; I join in at weekends.
    2) I've changed diet a bit - no more pain au chocolats for breakfast, instead a thin bagel with grilled bacon (less than half the calories), and I've not had pasta in as long as I can remember, evening meals have some sweet potato or butternut squash instead, and much more vegetables.

That's been enough to go from a 38" waist to a 34". Or, at least, I had 38" trousers, and now I have 34s which are a bit loose.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • octatonic said:

True, my scales reckon I'm 34.5 percent. I'd agree based on that image.