Which Jet City...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• newi123newi123 Frets: 863
    CHrisP86 said:
    So ended up on a slight detour as I won a Soldano Astroverb on eBay last night. Looking forward to picking it up! 
    Awesome! Looked at that myself - what did it go for in the end?

pls report back on it, and drop me a pm if you don't like it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    No one else bid so I got it for £450. Mad price really!

Might be getting it this evening and will report back.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Picked the Astroverb up!

Only really got a couple of minutes to play through it.  Think it will really suit me though.  Will do a proper NAD page next week when I've had a chance to play it at a rehearsal.

One concern is that it came with a little 1x12 cab (not the Soldano one) that says it's rated at 4ohms. 

The astroverb is designed for a 16ohm load so I hope this hasn't caused any damage!  
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26631
    CHrisP86 said:
    Picked the Astroverb up!

Only really got a couple of minutes to play through it.  Think it will really suit me though.  Will do a proper NAD page next week when I've had a chance to play it at a rehearsal.

One concern is that it came with a little 1x12 cab (not the Soldano one) that says it's rated at 4ohms. 

The astroverb is designed for a 16ohm load so I hope this hasn't caused any damage!  
    It may well have a different speaker in it from the one that was apparently 4 ohm. If you can't be bothered taking the back off (or the speaker doesn't say), just get a multimeter and test the resistance across the tip/sleeve of a jack plugged into it. It won't be exact, but if it's a 16 ohm speaker then it'll probably test somewhere between 12 and 15.
    <space for hire>