Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• Yes mate I will add you for sures. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27004
    Arktik83 said:
    I got my switch a while ago but with so many games that need to be played (just got the platinum for Horizon: Zero Dawn) I've not had much of a chance to play it.  I've got Mario Rabbids and gonna pick up Stardew Valley as I love that game, think I'll be picking up Mario Odyssey as well.

My friend code is: SW-8038-8455-3604.  Feel free to add me!
    Done! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Arktik83 said:
    I got my switch a while ago but with so many games that need to be played (just got the platinum for Horizon: Zero Dawn) I've not had much of a chance to play it.  I've got Mario Rabbids and gonna pick up Stardew Valley as I love that game, think I'll be picking up Mario Odyssey as well.

My friend code is: SW-8038-8455-3604.  Feel free to add me!
    Done! 
    and done
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16677
    I have stayed up past my bedtime to download.... its on its way
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I was in town shopping at Tesco and passed game, turns out they were doing a mid night launch of Mario so called in to pick up my pre order, god that place pisses me off.

It cost me £5 more than they said it was and they didn't give the pre order bonus of the Mario hat thing, which was my sole reason for getting it from game as I thought it be nice to go with the game and console for my sons Christmas present, wankers. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Considering a Switch for the kids (no really, it’s for the kids...) for Xmas. Any recommendations for good games for 5 and 6 year olds?

And then recommendations for games for 47 year olds.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27004
    Mario is really really good. I mean, obviously it was always going to be great. But it's really REALLY good.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Just ordered a Switch last night.  Unfortunately it's officially a Christmas present for my daughters so have to wait another 2 months to play with it.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I set Mario to download before I left for work.

Only 12 hours to go.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4173
    DanR said:

Only 12 hours to go.
    Blimey, you still on dial-up?

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited October 2017
    randella said:
    DanR said:

Only 12 hours to go.
    Blimey, you still on dial-up?

You have no idea how close to true that can be at times.
  • Downloaded Mario at half 3 this morning when I got up for a pee.. finish work at 2pm then it’s Mario time :)
    Switch plus Mario package ordered! Excited! 

The temptation to ‘test’ it prior to the kids opening it on Christmas morning will be overwhelming. Must be strong!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16677
    I had about 40 minutes on Mario last night before deciding I really should go to bed.   I seems fun so far - that 40 minutes wet very fast
    ^ not helping...
  • I've been off work today with a sick dog (typically, he is completely fine since I took a day off). I've done a bit of work and a whole lot of Mario. It's good. I can't say it grabbed me as immediately as Zelda, Mario Kart of Splatoon on the switch, but I like the style. You do really need to play it with motion controls though - having a controller in each hand reminded me of Super mario galaxy on the wii - there are some moves that require quick joy con movements in specific directions like the spin attack, the homing attack or if you want to throw up or down. You can blag some of the motion control just by shaking the controller to climb faster etc., but it feels like the game was intended to be played holding two joy cons.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been off work today with a sick dog (typically, he is completely fine since I took a day off). I've done a bit of work and a whole lot of Mario. It's good. I can't say it grabbed me as immediately as Zelda, Mario Kart of Splatoon on the switch, but I like the style. You do really need to play it with motion controls though - having a controller in each hand reminded me of Super mario galaxy on the wii - there are some moves that require quick joy con movements in specific directions like the spin attack, the homing attack or if you want to throw up or down. You can blag some of the motion control just by shaking the controller to climb faster etc., but it feels like the game was intended to be played holding two joy cons.
    You can turn motion control off. I only ever use Joycons when I’m playing portable, apart from that I always use Pro Controller 
    You can turn motion control off. I only ever use Joycons when I’m playing portable, apart from that I always use Pro Controller 
    Yes but don't you lose some moves that are motion only? I tried it but certain hat moves weren't possible. There are also some combo hat jumps that are a lot smoother (i.e., not trying to hit multiple buttons simultaneously) with motion controls.
  • Metro Kingdom is AWESOME......nuff said
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Watched someone play five minutes of Mario on Twitch and I had to turn it off because it looks SO good I want to play it with as fresh eyes as possible.  Reminds me of when I first picked up Mario 64 it looks that awesome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom