Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot
1202122232426»

Comments

• Tesco's are doing 2 for £60 at the moment 
    I think Luigi's mansion is in the offer
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    I'll check that out actually, if they had Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion I'd probably get both
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdv said:
    I'll check that out actually, if they had Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion I'd probably get both
    I think they do
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I went for the e-shop double voucher thing, plus an extra £5 in gold points for preordering and it’s just under 40 :)

Nintendo games are the only thing I ever consider preordering these days.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Purchased the digital version of Luigi's Mansion 3 yesterday - still waiting for the download code :(
    F*ck Nintendo.

I've STILL not received my code for Luigi's Mansion 3, after over a week waiting. Their support are slower than molasses, and just keep saying "We're looking into it", with the latest being "You should have received it by now" - I KNOW, THAT'S WHY I'M COMPLAINING TO YOU!

What a cluster-f*ck.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    FarleyUK said:
    F*ck Nintendo.

I've STILL not received my code for Luigi's Mansion 3, after over a week waiting. Their support are slower than molasses, and just keep saying "We're looking into it", with the latest being "You should have received it by now" - I KNOW, THAT'S WHY I'M COMPLAINING TO YOU!

What a cluster-f*ck.
    have you tweeted them?
    bbill335 said:
    FarleyUK said:
    F*ck Nintendo.

What a cluster-f*ck.
    have you tweeted them?
    Nope, I'm not on Twitter - have Facebook'd them and got their support people on Reddit though (7 days ago). Still no resolution.
    where did you buy it from? i've had to wait a few hours for codes from Amazon and PlayAsia, not sure why big N themselves would have problems getting a download to you
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Everything I’ve bought through the store just instantly downloaded no waiting for codes.
    Still no code, 2 weeks later. Emailed multiple times, called up 5 times... still no resolution. It's ridiculous - they can't even just give a refund.

I'd advise everyone to NOT purchase from the website. They've said they've got a new internal system which has caused this issue - but it's now stuck and they cannot do anything.

Utter f*cking joke.
  • I’m not sure I understand what bit of the website you’ve used? 

I usually buy through the website and it automatically tells my Switch to download whatever I buy. I didn’t know there was any other option.

Hope you get it sorted.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I’m not sure I understand what bit of the website you’ve used? 

I usually buy through the website and it automatically tells my Switch to download whatever I buy. I didn’t know there was any other option.

Hope you get it sorted.
    Yep, the Nintendo online store. As mentioned, I purchased two items at once, and the other - Links Awakening - arrived instantly to my inbox... so it's not user error or anything like that.

Nintendo have confirmed there's an issue (well, duh...) and they've escalated to management. At this point I just want a refund, can't be doing with all this arsing around.
  • Escalate to your credit card for a refund?
    FarleyUK said:

Hope you get it sorted.
    Yep, the Nintendo online store. As mentioned, I purchased two items at once, and the other - Links Awakening - arrived instantly to my inbox... so it's not user error or anything like that.

Nintendo have confirmed there's an issue (well, duh...) and they've escalated to management. At this point I just want a refund, can't be doing with all this arsing around.
    so the online shop but *not* the eShop?
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    bbill335 said:
    FarleyUK said:

Hope you get it sorted.

so the online shop but *not* the eShop?
    I’ve never downloaded a pre-order before so I don’t fully know how it works. But have you checked your junk box, or filtering your emails to search “Nintendo”? It could’ve slipped through the net unnoticed. Just a thought.
    there are two places nintendo sells games online through browser (not including buying codes from amazon/playasia/etc.)

the eshop (which doesn't give you a code but should sync with the Switch)
    the store (which i have no experience with!)

i have never had any problem with using the eshop in browser, then firing up the switch to find it's already started downloading the software. i've only preordered stuff through the switch's own eshop, which means it's pre-downloaded and unlocks at the appropriate date.
    Yeah, was from the store - https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch/digital-downloads/games.list

Cannot get a refund from PayPal as they're claiming now the merchant is not allowing it to be done. Last I heard, Nintendo are speaking to the finance team, as it appears they only took payment for one item instead of both... which makes no sense.

Honestly, at this point I'd rather just get refunded. Not even had time to play Link's Awakening yet!