Helix LT - Initial Set Up Advice Needed

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I've had a Helix and now own an Axe-Fx, both very good units indeed and in sheer value for money and flexibility the Helix is hard to beat. I switched to Fractal as I preferred the sounds tbh, it felt less artificial although the interface is a pain in the arse compared to the Line 6 the actual software editor for the Axe-Fx is in a different league. They are all great units and it's only when you get an extended play on any of them and get left to your own devices that you can form a useful opinion tbh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7804
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say that once new firmware is released previous comparison about sound is null and void. Helix has defiantly changed over time as, I'm sure, has the axe fx.
  • I'm going to stick my neck out and say that once new firmware is released previous comparison about sound is null and void. Helix has defiantly changed over time as, I'm sure, has the axe fx.
    True, actually there's already a beta of the next major Axe FX firmware release since me and Drew did that comparison recently.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I installed the Beta and quickly uninstalled it ;)
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9554
    dindude said:
    @Wazmeister as someone who has Fractal, keeper, and now Helix, interested to here your thoughts on how Helix compares? 
    I'm in the midst of preparing a thread, and a large comparison of the 3 (Kemper, Fractal, L6).

For me, the effects of the FX8 are noticeably superior, especially the verb and delay. 
    The best amp models are the Kemper, and you've guessed it - the best interface is the Line 6 !!!!!

However, the new Andertons Helix LT video has inspired me and prevented the LT being sent back. The options and routing possibilities of the Helix are stunning; Im in the midst of programming it right now...

Much much more to follow :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    I installed the Beta and quickly uninstalled it ;)
    Yeah I'm leaving other people to beta test, 7.02 is sounding good to me anyway