Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The best OD pedal in the world is still the.......

What's Hot

Comments

• Depends on what amp I'm using

But solo boost wise, my Biyang Blue takes a lot of beating
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    ennspek said:
    Peacekeeper. Works with absolutely everything at any volume.
    Yep...Love my Peacekeeper..Sounds Fab on its own and stacks great with anything else to add a certain something..
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    siraxeman said:
    Why do folks think cheaper pedals like the Dano TOD or the Pure Sky will soon fall apart ? My Dano TOD is going strong after 4+ yrs of fairly regular gigging...still like new!
    I don't think it's anything to do with price. It should be, but it isnt (at least sale price).
    Some pedals have a history of failures, some are rock solid.
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5281
    echopark harmonic boost, overpriced boutique fucking nonsense, sounds immense
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    siraxeman said:
    Why do folks think cheaper pedals like the Dano TOD or the Pure Sky will soon fall apart ? My Dano TOD is going strong after 4+ yrs of fairly regular gigging...still like new!
    well to be fair my dano cool cat drive did stop working fairly soon after i got it, and with only light home use.

but in general i agree that price doesn't necessarily mean the thing will fall apart or not.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    Tumnus.......very versatile range,bit dark but plenty of base even when treble turned up ....enough juice for fairly heavy sounds but not metal or even 80s hardcore but still got some go with humbuckers
  • BradBrad Frets: 662
    Kingsley Jester
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    edited October 2017
    The TS808 model in the Helix
    Everyone seems to use the Minotaur (Klone) in the Helix but I like the Timmy - the good thing about the Helix is the pedals in it do actually sound pretty close to the original so you can use what you'd use if it was the real one! I like the real Timmy too so that explains it

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    Having had a lot of drive pedals..
    I reckon the strymon sunset and a proco rat are the best. 

Strymon simply cos it can do pretty  much everything well and the rat cos it just does the rat thing..
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    No idea what the best in world is, but for a singing, sustained lead tone, I've definitely found something good using a Turbo RAT (ok, a clone of) on lowish gain, going into a DopeFX Black Lotus. Bought the Black Lotus in the classifieds on here - it's a modified Zendrive with an extra (Mosfet?) clipping mode - as soon as I tried that extra clipping mode, I knew I was onto something.
  • ... metal zone
  • Another vote for the Danno Transparent OD v1 here. I think that and my GCB95 wah are the only two pedals that have been on my board since day 1.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7779
    edited October 2017
    Amazed at the OCD/Timmy love. 
    I've found the Buffalo TX-D to be better for lead in every way and the ODR-1 great for rhythm or boosted w a TS for lead. 
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    It's so dependant on amp and guitar i think best is impossible.

That being said i always have an xotic RC booster on the go. Sounds great with bf/tweed/british amps. 

Great versatile eq, always seems to add something great while preserving the core tone of rhe amp and guitar.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2904
    edited October 2017
    Do you guys think a Blues Driver would work at pushing an already well overdriven amp even further for more girth and "hair" ? I love my core tone now, i just want to add some more oomph. Tubescreamer types are too compressed and thin for the rhythm tones i want. I basically want it to push the already awesome sound of my jubilee to make it bigger and ballsier for heavy riffage, don't mind if it's a bit loose sounding as that works well for my stuff!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    Vaiai said:
    The TS808 model in the Helix
    Everyone seems to use the Minotaur (Klone) in the Helix but I like the Timmy - the good thing about the Helix is the pedals in it do actually sound pretty close to the original so you can use what you'd use if it was the real one! I like the real Timmy too so that explains it

I have to say I hate the Timmy model. I haven't used a real Timmy in anger, so it's very possible that it's perfectly accurate, but I find it thin and raspy. 

FWIW I'm also un-Helixing myself at the moment as I bought a couple of brilliant drives in Oz (the aforementioned Anarchy Gold Class and a Selah Feather Drive) which have made me realise that while the Helix is amazingly clever and really versatile, I like the tactile element of real pedals, and I miss the "going to a guitar shop and finding something new & fun" thing.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'm un-Helixing myself 
    De-lixing?

Helexit?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27133
    I'm un-Helixing myself 
    De-lixing?

Helexit?
    Hexit, perhaps?  or Line 6-it? 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7779
    I'm un-Helixing myself 
    De-lixing?

Helexit?
    Hexit, perhaps?  or Line 6-it? 

Brelix

Obviously
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    TTBZ said:
    Do you guys think a Blues Driver would work at pushing an already well overdriven amp even further for more girth and "hair" ? I love my core tone now, i just want to add some more oomph. Tubescreamer types are too compressed and thin for the rhythm tones i want. I basically want it to push the already awesome sound of my jubilee to make it bigger and ballsier for heavy riffage, don't mind if it's a bit loose sounding as that works well for my stuff!
    To me the BD-2 sounds a bit "thin", adding "girth" is not what it does :)  You might disagree of course. 

It is however one hell of a clean boost, shedload of headroom.

You should at least try it :)