Which LP would you choose

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    Very tempted by the orville, prices are equivalent about £1.250 for each. 
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    p90fool said:
    The Classic looks well, classic, the Orville has a weird, 70s Kay catalogue guitar sunburst.

Shallow I know, but for me a copy has to be fantastic to beat the real thing, buying that would be like spending AVRI moneyon a Tokai Tele. Probably a good guitar, but a bit "ho-hum" at the end of the day.
    Funny, I find the sunburst on the Orville sexier that the classic's plaintop.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • i would pay AVRI money for a (high end) vintage tokai breezysound all day long. the problem is tht people have started flogging lower-end MIJ guitars at what I would consider high prices, so the average punter doesn't recognise that the real value for money aspect comes from buying the top spec'ed models straight out of japan.

there's not much between them... surely you could get a more modern Gibson LP traditional for £50 more though?
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • Bucket said: The Classic has those vile snot green inlays, fuck that.
    They are truly disgusting!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    edited February 2014
    Just looking at them, the Classic looks far better to me, however as Monoamine said earlier, a few quid more could get you a new one, or even a few quid less than second hand if you want if you want a new Sig T or Trad Pro.

Andertons have a Trad Pro ii gold top for £1199 new.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I prefer the plain top.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.