Just seen a cat killed.

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
edited April 2017 in Off Topic
Daft bugger ran straight out onto the road in front of a van. The van driver tried his best to miss it but with no luck. The poor thing was hit in the head and its body was jack-knifing all over the shop. It was truly horrible. 
Some poor owner is going to be missing​ their best friend tonight.
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    That's nasty, poor thing. (you and the moggy)
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
     Pics or it never happened!  :)
    9reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    Ravenous said:
     Pics or it never happened!  :)
    Too brutal @Ravenous! ; :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Such an intelligent animal yet so unaware road-wise.

One of the very reasons why my cat is only an indoor one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I have to pick up 4-6 cats a week, it never gets less sad; get a dog every now and then too.. makes me :(
    (I was only kidding about the pics by the way. Nobody wants to see a bloodied pussy.)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    4-6 a week..you want to drive more carefully
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4316
    Such an intelligent animal yet so unaware road-wise.

One of the very reasons why my cat is only an indoor one.
    Our two only stay in the house as well. 

RIP little moggie. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10302
    I saw one get run over by a motor bike once.Awful thing to see.I've got three cats and,like @BigBearKris they are all kept indoors.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    I called our local streetscene cos apparently they can read the chip if a cat has been given one, but they won't pick the body up from me.. they say i have to leave it in the street..wtf.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15978
    Say 2x hail meowries
    tae be or not tae be
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    The exact same thing happened to me a few years back. Walking at a very fast pace on my way to the train station and some moggy decides to jump out into the road right in front of a white van. It crushed his bottom half and seeing the little blighter writhe around in agony (not making a single sound either) afterwards was especially jarring. I don't think I even stopped walking either, although I did have a face like stone. I mean I fucking hate cats but nobody wants to see that shit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    I can imagine that being really horrible. I remember my cat being runover outside our home, I didn't see it fortunately but it was very upsetting.

The grossest thing I've seen was outside a Specsavers in Worcester. I was sitting on a bench waiting for my girlfriend to finish her appointment when a van approached from the right. It was travelling slowly as this was a pedestrianised high street. Approximately a meter and a half in front of the bench there were some pigeons, including one particularly ratty looking thing that were pecking at the food on the ground. They all moved away from the van with plenty of time to spare, apart from the daft ratty one.I watched in shocked silence as it was slowly crushed.

A minute or so later a bin lady nonchalantly picked it up and popped it in her bin.

Ugh.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3089
    Hopefully it's not ours again matey.. we lost the other one on the bypass about 12 months ago, poor lad. If you're on Faceybook all the cat incidents get posted on the Spotted group in our town... the owners usually come and collect if they see it. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Dopesick said:
    ...It crushed his bottom half and seeing the little blighter writhe around in agony (not making a single sound either) afterwards was especially jarring.

I saw someone squish a rabbit in the same way once (country road).

Except this bunny was far from silent... what a racket it made...

Joking aside, even if you're a complete Darwinist you have to cover your eyes when seeing this. (Preferably stop the car first.)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985 said:
    4-6 a week..you want to drive more carefully
    No silly, we have to bag them then they go back to base to be scanned for a chip then in a chiller awaiting owners instruction. 

have had a couple of dead badgers, they are just pure weight, I was stunned how heavy they are.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    On a brighter note, 300 more native birds this year then.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16113
    About 30 years ago I saw a deer get hit by a car on the motorway ........it was thrown about 40 -50 feet vertical up in the air
    I was amazed that the impact would do that and realised what must happen when somebody gets knocked down at high speed.
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited April 2017
    Saddest thread ive read for a while. Feel like bleddy crying after reading all that.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    equalsql said:
    The poor thing was hit in the head and its body was jack-knifing all over the shop...
    Good description I've seen that before and couldn't believe it. Fortunately either the vehicle that hit it, or one that stopped was a work van. The moggy was swiftly finished off with a spade. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom