Modeller meet up

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'd be interested in this. Have had my Helix since March and run it through a Yamaha DXR10. I've only been brave enough to do one gig direct to PA so far (previously just using it as an FX board into my amp), but it was a really positive first run out. The soundman loved it and being able to mix myself on stage to my taste was a real bonus. Still a long way to go before I don't have a cold sweat about leaving the amp at home, but all the early signs are looking good!

Would be great to pick the brains of others who've been gigging a similar set-up for longer than me, so will keep an eye out for progress re venue/dates etc.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I've got a Helix, but most of my gigging time has been with a Utopia G300 straight to PA. I spent a little while with a pedalboard and amp, but the Helix/Utopia approach just sits better with me.

I love going straight to PA - less hassle, less kit, easier to control the mix etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Has a date been set for this? I'm London based, could bring along...well myself and a guitar, not sure if bringing along my board for comparison would help.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    There's no date yet because there's not been as much interest as I expected. If we met at Quad in Leicester would you travel from London?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Another one in London, couldn't travel up I'm afraid
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27508
    Roland said:
    There's no date yet because there's not been as much interest as I expected. 
    That might be a case of chicken/egg, egg/chicken.

If you set a date and a location (as was done with the Quad session, for example), people know what, where and when they're aiming at.

Would *I* be interested in attending?  Well, I might, but it would depend on where and when.  Rather than just replying with "it depends", I'd wait until decisions were made, and then say yea / nay.

If you can assemble a core of 5-6 people, covering a range of the modelling units, and get them committed to a date/location, then the meet-up can go ahead whether others turn up or not.  But, having got that commitment, my bet is that others *will* turn up.

Quad had the advantage of being very flexible in terms of space too.  If lots of people turn up (as they did for the jam session), the guys there are very flexible in allowing us to overflow into additional rooms.

It might be that - as it's reasonably central - Quad becomes a default venue for this sort of thing, and we might even be able to arrange regular events there.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Date dependent, I'd try to make an effort to visit Leicester with my Axe FX and DXR10s.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    TTony said:

That might be a case of chicken/egg, egg/chicken.
    I'm sure it is. I've not been pushing it because I've only got one free weekend this side of Christmas. I'll set something up for January. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom