Led Zeppelin to tour?

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Hmmm, or maybe he's just got new solo stuff on the way. 

Will be quite a surprise if it is a reunion, and personally I've really liked the solo stuff he's been doing so I'd rather see him come up with more of that rather than trotting out poor versions of the old tracks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    Phil Collins on drums  :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Phil Collins on drums  :)
    God no .. I guess it will be Bonham Jnr.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4209
    I have too many good memories of Zep to have them crucified by old gimmers  that should sit by the pool with a glass of JD and Sanatogen 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7835
    In 2017 I'd prefer a Robert Plant & Alison Kraus tour/album 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Well let's face it we all crucify their tunes, so why shouldn't they? :)

(By the way that link is almost unviewable with crappy video ads. Grumble grumble.)

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3106
    I got caught out in 2007 saying they'd never play together again so I won't rule anything out. I can't see it though. Robert spends so much time distancing himself from Zep I'd be staggered if they did something this summer. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12457
    IF it goes ahead, ticket prices will be eyewatering. Anyway I saw the original lineup twice in their heyday so I'm not really bothered.  :3
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17718
    edited May 2017 tFB Trader
    I'm a huge fan, but I'd rather they didn't.

I was lucky enough to see Page and Plant so I guess it's easy for me to say.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12694
    I'm a fan but... just no.

The last reunion was *at best* functional - if you listen to the audio straight off the desk, not the stuff put out on the DVD that had been doctored by Page and Plant, even detuning the guitars couldn't hide the fact that Percy can't hit those high notes any more. And its not surprising, is it? Page's guitar playing was... better than it had been for a while, but it was hardly up there with the RAH performances. They were better rehearsed than they had been for some of the other stuff but honestly, I've seen tribute acts that get closer. And closer to the doctored live stuff, rather than the raw - Zep always had good days and bad. When they were good they were very good but when they were bad... jesus, they sucked but Bonham Snr somehow kept it all together.

A tour would be... lets face it, disappointing. The tickets will be stratospherically expensive and will not live up to the hype.

Please let it not be so.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4678
    edited May 2017
    Page has to let Zep go. He has to stop re-re-re-mastering original recordings. If we wants to get on the road he should form a new band a new supergroup. What has his output been since leaving Zep compared to Plant. Not much really.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Plant has to let Zep go. He has to stop re-re-re-mastering original recordings. If we wants to get on the road he should form a new band a new supergroup. What has his output been since leaving Zep compared to Plant. Not much really.

Do you mean Page?

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4678
    ooops sorry will correct

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Can't these ancient bands just stop it now, it's all just a cash cow, just stop! You're all too old and not at the top of your game anymore! 
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4846
    impmann said:
    I'm a fan but... just no.

The last reunion was *at best* functional - if you listen to the audio straight off the desk, not the stuff put out on the DVD that had been doctored by Page and Plant, even detuning the guitars couldn't hide the fact that Percy can't hit those high notes any more. And its not surprising, is it? Page's guitar playing was... better than it had been for a while, but it was hardly up there with the RAH performances. They were better rehearsed than they had been for some of the other stuff but honestly, I've seen tribute acts that get closer. And closer to the doctored live stuff, rather than the raw - Zep always had good days and bad. When they were good they were very good but when they were bad... jesus, they sucked but Bonham Snr somehow kept it all together.

A tour would be... lets face it, disappointing. The tickets will be stratospherically expensive and will not live up to the hype.

Please let it not be so.
    I've only seen the DVD, so I'll take your word for the "doctored" aspect of what I've been listening to. The sheer joy coming from them all during the performance makes me feel good every time I watch it.

FWIW, I saw Zep twice in their heyday and they weren't that good. Might have been them, might have been the venues and the PA, but... 

I agree with your wish. That really should be that. They should get on with the rest of their lives. I like what Percy is coming up with (enjoyed his last tour and the one before that) so that'll do me. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3106
    You're all correct. It's a bit like expecting the 1970 Brazil World Cup squad to still be as good now. I love them and Jimmy is the main reason I play guitar - he couldn't really do it 10 years ago never mind now. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    You're all correct. It's a bit like expecting the 1970 Brazil World Cup squad to still be as good now.

They'd still hold the current England squad to a draw, at worst.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    topping up the coffers due to all the recent infringement claims...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I completely appreciate what people are saying, and I agree. But I'd love to see them play together again in a more mature style. The same songs, but calmed down/re-arranged/reimagined as necessary. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10491
    If they had a new album to tour then fair enough .... they can write songs that suit the keys Plant sings in now and do some old material . just trying to do the all the old stuff  doesn't work ... they just don't get close

Also for me Bonham is irreplaceable to the Zep sound ... sometimes I just listen to his isolated drum tracks on Youtube, such tremendous feel and power ....
    www.2020studios.co.uk