Led Zeppelin to tour?

What's Hot

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Danny1969 said:
    If they had a new album to tour then fair enough .... they can write songs that suit the keys Plant sings in now and do some old material . just trying to do the all the old stuff  doesn't work ... they just don't get close

Also for me Bonham is irreplaceable to the Zep sound ... sometimes I just listen to his isolated drum tracks on Youtube, such tremendous feel and power ....

Totally agree about Bonham's drumming, one of a kind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I really doubt the teaser message is Zep related. If Page was hinting at something then maybe but not just a statement like that on Plant's own website. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    ...and of course Plant has been in the studio with the same band as his last album so it really is very likely it's a solo release and it's just the music press getting their knickers in a twist over the Zep reunion. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3096
    I won't rule it out. In 2007 the rumours started in the tabloids rather than the superfan forums. I had "Remasters Only" fans and my own Mother telling me they were reforming with me saying "they won't do it". I looked a complete berk to say the least. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Strange one for me. I don't think they should do it. But if they did I'd be at the front of the queue for tickets
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I'd go if it was affordable. Stuff you nay sayers
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3040
    edited May 2017
    Last re-union it was a million to one lottery to get a ticket, so will not be holding my breath to seeing them live if they do re-form. I would try my damnest tho, even if it does cost an arm and a leg.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5180
    edited May 2017
    sweepy said:
    I have too many good memories of Zep to have them crucified by old gimmers  that should sit by the pool with a glass of JD and Sanatogen 
    Agreed, only: 

personally I've really liked the solo stuff he's been doing so I'd rather see him come up with more of that rather than trotting out poor versions of the old tracks.

Plant's recent solo stuff (from Dreamland onwards) has been really good, and his last album was perhaps his best so far.

I'd much rather hear more of that, and I'd be much more interested (and more likely to be able to afford tickets) if that's what's being announced.

Winny_Pooh said:
    In 2017 I'd prefer a Robert Plant & Alison Krauss tour/album 

Or this. I prefer Plant solo, but I certainly wouldn't object to Percy giving this particular cash cow another go round.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14592
    Wot? Not one mention of Jonesy?

More of his collaborations with Nick Beggs or some more Them Crooked Vultures, please.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Last re-union it was a million to one lottery to get a ticket, so will not be holding my breath to seeing them live if they do re-form. I would try my damnest tho, even if it does cost an arm and a leg.
    I was there and the atmosphere was unreal. The DVD was a lesson in the way alcohol amd weed effects perception! !!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17692
    tFB Trader

More of his collaborations with Nick Beggs or some more Them Crooked Vultures, please.
    He's the only one that still seems to be as good or better than he's always been.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Plant's been asked and he hasn't denied it. He hasn't confirmed it either.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5180
    Fretwired said:

He's probably just loving the fact that he's broke the internet of old men.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3096
    Fretwired said:
    He's a Black Country Ted Rogers - his riddle speak is designed to confuse people... especially Americans. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited May 2017
    2008 was the time for a world tour, but even then that would have been pushing it.
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3040
    edited May 2017
    What about 'Page, Plant & Jones'. I love the 90's interpretations they did, and Jones could add orchestration and arrangements. A more 'mature' zep to befit their age?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12446
    Supposedly it's a spoof. Planty has come up with it to help push a festival gig that Jason Bonham's doing. 
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6542
    Celebration Day - i.e. The reunion gig DVD - is all but unlistenable, and that is AFTER Page has tidied up some of the cock-ups...so as far as I'm concerned they're better off leaving sleeping dogs lie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23204

He's the only one that still seems to be as good or better than he's always been.
    It's a long time ago now, but I loved the album Zooma.  I saw him on that tour with Beggs in his band, fantastic stuff.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited May 2017
    Philly_Q said:

It's a long time ago now, but I loved the album Zooma.  I saw him on that tour with Beggs in his band, fantastic stuff.
    Thunderthief was also a pretty cool - I can imagine plant wailing away over some of these tracks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom