Led Zeppelin to tour?

What's Hot

Comments

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5020
    Philly_Q said:
    Wot? Not one mention of Jonesy?

More of his collaborations with Nick Beggs or some more Them Crooked Vultures, please.
    He's the only one that still seems to be as good or better than he's always been.
    It's a long time ago now, but I loved the album Zooma.  I saw him on that tour with Beggs in his band, fantastic stuff.
    I was going to go but I was too shy...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6527
    Nitefly said:
    I don't understand why they keep things secret...? The festival is sold out, so a big announcement, made at just the right time for a big advertising and PR push isn't needed to maximise ticket sales....I just don't get it.

I hope it isn't Zeppelin, though. To wait all this time and then play in front of a mostly quite young crowd, the majority of whom won't be that arsed about seeing them?

Following my comments above about how poor the reunion gig was, I watched it again this week - including the bonus disc with the full rehearsal of the show - and it's no better than I remembered. Jones plays flawlessly and makes it look effortless (but also looks a bit like the sober teacher keeping a stoic eye on excitable kids on a field trip), Plant sensibly sings within his current range in a way that is somehow a bit less than his younger self but also does add something too, but Bonham plays nothing like his dad and could have been replaced by any number of more JohnBonham-esque drummers, and Page....It's heartbreaking to hear him fumbling tunelessly over the fretboard, IMO.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11346
    Having missed Zeppelin first time around I'd love to see them live.

The only problem is that the Zeppelin I'd love to see live would be the 69-70 era band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094
    edited May 2017
    I watched "For Your Life" and "Kashmir" on YT and they were much better than I remembered. There's not much in the way of lead playing for Jimmy to trip over though.. even then there's loads of Bigsby on FYL covering up the flubs. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23096
    Reverend said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Wot? Not one mention of Jonesy?

More of his collaborations with Nick Beggs or some more Them Crooked Vultures, please.
    He's the only one that still seems to be as good or better than he's always been.
    It's a long time ago now, but I loved the album Zooma.  I saw him on that tour with Beggs in his band, fantastic stuff.
    I was going to go but I was too shy...
    I gave you a lol for that but it probably deserved a rolleyes....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    ...so of course it was nothing to do with LZ.....it's a new solo album and UK tour at the end of the year!

• Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited August 2017
    Phil Collins on drums 
    lol at the Ted Rogers comment.

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4943
    I saw Plant at the Roundhouse, courtesy of Apple, on the Lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar tour - the whole band was bloody good!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 963
    I get the Brazil football team reference but it wouldnt necessarily stop me from going. 

I saw Bb King when he was 83. He wasn't as good a player as he was when I saw him 25 years earlier but man was it magical being there. 

To me there is also  a bit about paying tribute to someone or some people who has a massive effect on your life. 
    Need to decide between the Wolves Civic and Brum Symphony Hall for the tour....pretty much polar opposites when it comes to venues those two.

Seth Lakeman is the support.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I was at the gig, atmosphere and event was amazing (and I was half cut). Celebration day was shocking when I herd it.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5167
    ...so of course it was nothing to do with LZ.....it's a new solo album and UK tour at the end of the year!

Preferable. Plant's solo stuff is good, the tour won't be of three soulless enormodomes in the UK beforewill be reasonably priced. 

Said it before, but if I was Percy I'd much rather be making good new music than trotting out forty year old Zep tunes in aircraft hangars.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    Has Page suffered the greatest deterioration in playing ability amongst all his peers? I reckon so.  (obviously aside from those that are dead and can no longer play? )
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Has Page suffered the greatest deterioration in playing ability amongst all his peers? I reckon so.  (obviously aside from those that are dead and can no longer play? )
    Page hasn't gigged or (by his own admission) played the guitar regularly .. a mate of mine is in his 70s and he does 300 gigs a year and he still has the speed, touch and the tone. Use it or lose it.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    Holy necro-bump Batman !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    Holy necro-bump Batman !
    Well yes, but it made sense to drag this from the depths to give us all some closure.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited August 2017

I've been to a few gigs by bands that were big in the 70's. They've never the same.

I saw Led Zep in 1975, and despite still being my favourite band of the time, I would not wish to see them now. Experience has shown me that what I experienced at that time will never be recreated, so I think it's best left as a wonderful memory. Their last effort at the 02 was, in my opinion, not worthy of them.

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited August 2017
    Should leave it in the past 

Same as the GNR reunion. My favourite band of all time but the whole thing sounds like shit 
    ...on second thoughts maybe a new thread would have been a better idea!