SOLO of the Month #26 - And the winner is...............

What's Hot

Comments

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3751
    Thanks, @Antique_Guitars - I'd like to thank Jesus, our lord and saviour...etc.  Oh, and George Benson (certainly playing one of his signature guitars helped channel some of his spirit).

Very pleased to come out on top of some very cool playing and must thank @Markv for making me listen again to The Isley Brothers.  My drummer loves them and I've always heard them in the car, listened passively, and thought, "This is okay."  I then decided to listen to their album 3 + 3 and have had it on repeat.  Awesome.  I like your solo more now.  Can I recast my vote? :)
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Big congrats @imalrightjack, and pleased I could (re)direct your attention to 3+3 which is indeed a very cool album
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Yep, well done, every entry was excellent.
  • ChrisRGChrisRG Frets: 55
    Nice work @imalrightjack , great solo.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5856
    Great solo! You're alright Jack :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Merci, messrs.

A couple of questions:

How do you decide who does the next backing track?

How do we get more people playing or voting?  Sure this has been debated but I find it remarkable that so few get involved.  I'm guilty of only getting onboard in the last few months and must make the effort to at least vote for song/riff of the month.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    Well done @imalrightjack ;
    It's not a competition.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    edited May 2017
    How do you decide who does the next backing track?
    @Antique_Guitars put a call out for backing tracks last November and is now using them in sequence, I believe.
    How do we get more people playing or voting?  Sure this has been debated but I find it remarkable that so few get involved.
    Yes, I also find it odd. I've said before, it's a great way to get playing - certainly it's helped me enormously. I think some people are happy to play live but shy away from the technology of recording. The question has been asked before on the "Guitar" category (since that has the most traffic). Maybe it's worth just having a regular nudge in a few of the other forum categories?
    Thanks, @markv - I like the idea of anonymised voting and not actually seeing it until the result.  But, whatever the case, it definitely is inspiring.

My band, Red For Dissent