Shout out for guitars4u

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6222
edited May 2017 in Guitar tFB Trader
I've been gassing hard for a stratocaster since my friend leant me his bravewood aged variant. Well this chase lead me to mark at guitars4u's doorstep. He's got some amazing guitars in stock, his shop is really well presented and extremely tempting no matter what your guitar tastes are.

anyway, I had a lot of fun chatting about gear with a top bloke and playing some stunning instruments....so much so that I had to walk out with the best new strat I have ever held. Not vintage correct, certainly appointed with some fantastic features and best of all, setup to perfection.

if you are anywhere near Ashbourne or a guitar show, go and pay mark @guitars4you a visit.... and take your wallet, you'll need it!

Pics of the 59 journeyman strat tomorrow!  
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14468
    tFB Trader
    Good to see you both and hope you enjoyed the rest of the day in Derby with family - speak soon and best wishes for Sept
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    i had the exact same experience, great shop, great selection of Custom Shop Fenders and top bloke :)

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4762
    edited May 2017
    The more I read about Guitars4u the more I think the place should be shut down as a dangerous den of iniquity and a severe health-hazard...to your wallet.  You guys don't understand the sheer scale of the problem... I daren't visit because I'd be tempted beyond all human endurance & the expense risk is inversely proportional.  If I spent £2,000 on a guitar, Mrs Voxman would insist on spending £20,000 for a new kitchen!!   o  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27327
    It's tomorrow now where I live - hurry up!! :D

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1061
    A dirth of pictures Mr Thorpy.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Voxman said:
    The more I read about Guitars4u the more I think the place should be shut down as a dangerous den of iniquity and a severe health-hazard...to your wallet.  You guys don't understand the sheer scale of the problem... I daren't visit because I'd be tempted beyond all human endurance & the expense risk is inversely proportional.  If I spent £2,000 on a guitar, Mrs Voxman would insist on spending £20,000 for a new kitchen!!   o  
    Ah ... surely the big test is whether Mrs Voxman can conjure up a better meal in the kitchen than you can play your best licks on your finest six string? If she can't then you get a new guitar. But if she cooks like Heston, then doesn't she deserve a new kitchen?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1906
    fandango said:
    Voxman said:
    Ah ... surely the big test is whether Mrs Voxman can conjure up a better meal in the kitchen than you can play your best licks on your finest six string? If she can't then you get a new guitar. But if she cooks like Heston, then doesn't she deserve a new kitchen?

If she can do that in the current kitchen then she doesn't need a new one.*

*(this logic doesn't work for guitars though)

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14468
    tFB Trader
    Voxman said:
    I like the comparrison - if you are passing just visit and leave the card in the car

Moltisanti said:
    i had the exact same experience, great shop, great selection of Custom Shop Fenders and top bloke :)
    Are you at Manchester/Haydock Park next week/Sunday
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30995
    Adrian, is that blonde/white one I played?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6222
    tFB Trader
    http://i.imgur.com/9PPeXXh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/t6WaNtt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ztv0QK8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LbLLU97.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aDcIJWu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/h8f5Dja.jpg

here we go....

so specs are pretty cool, I am not a fan over really heavy relicing, this 59 journeyman strat seems to tread the line nicely and feels comfortably played in rather than beat up. The neck is really Fat and ideal for my hamfisted playing.

things that aren't vintage are:

jumbo frets (love them)
    ancho poblano hotter pickups,
    grease bucket tone control
    and my favourite mod is the tone pot has been turned into a neck/bridge blend control... what a difference this makes, it allows you to get a pickup combo that is perfect and doesn't leave you with an icepick sounding bridge pickup that is fairly useful.

GAS itch firmly scratched. I am now a fan of a strat (this one at least)

Anyway, Mark has a couple more of these Ltd editions in stock If you are after a new strat I REALLY recommend you give him a call and get one.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Adrian, is that blonde/white one I played?
    that is my friends (who you bought the Jr off), that kicked of this gas. he would never sell it so i had to go searching for something the same ....
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    fandango said:
    Voxman said:

If she cooks like Heston, the money would be better spent employing a proper cook.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30319
    Nice to know not all guitar dealers are greedy box shifters.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30995
    Sassafras said:
    Nice to know not all guitar dealers are greedy box shifters.
    Indeed. Some of us are insatiable bum bandits too.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's rather splendid, even if the mint is a bit too mint for my liking. 

The tone control thing sounds interesting. I assume that's on the mid tone - do they change the other ot a master (or neck/middle) or keep it as neck-only?
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4762
    Voxman said:
    I like the comparrison - if you are passing just visit and leave the card in the car

Moltisanti said:
    Oh Mark ----if only I had the will power....but I'm weak, and if I see something I really like I'm likely to want to buy it!  I'm only human! lol

But if ever I'm in the area I'd love to drop in & browse and have a coffee & a chat with you guys! ;)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Voxman said:
    Voxman said:

Moltisanti said:
    Oh Mark ----if only I had the will power....but I'm weak, and if I see something I really like I'm likely to want to buy it!  I'm only human! lol

But if ever I'm in the area I'd love to drop in & browse and have a coffee & a chat with you guys! ;)
    Fretboard guitars4you meet up!!!!
    tFB Trader

The tone control thing sounds interesting. I assume that's on the mid tone - do they change the other ot a master (or neck/middle) or keep it as neck-only?
    Thanks! The volume and middle tone control are both master controls. The other tone control (furthest away from bridge) os the blend pot and it just blends the neck and bridge pickups, not the middle pickup. 
    ThorpyFX said:

Thanks! The volume and middle tone control are both master controls. The other tone control (furthest away from bridge) os the blend pot and it just blends the neck and bridge pickups, not the middle pickup. 
    Gotcha. Sounds like a smart wiring option. I still have a Rothwell HLK in my strat (for humbucker-ish-ness) but I wonder if this wiring might be more useful.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5191
    Wow...I'm loving that! 
    What material are the fretboard marker dots made of? :)