Shout out for guitars4u

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23106
    edited May 2017
    That's a fine looking Strat.  Looking at the specs the neck's a bit skinny  ;) but the wiring sounds interesting and I know the Ancho Poblano pickups are cool.

I was guitars4you was closer to London....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14375
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    That's a fine looking Strat.  Looking at the specs the neck's a bit skinny  ;) but the wiring sounds interesting and I know the Ancho Poblano pickups are cool.

neck a bit meaty on that one of Adrian's (810" to 960") - more so than the regular 60's oval C (around 790" to 930") - but less meaty than the big early 50's U - hybrid I suppose but compared to many r/wood models it is  a touch more meaty
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23106
    Philly_Q said:

neck a bit meaty on that one of Adrian's (810" to 960") - more so than the regular 60's oval C (around 790" to 930") - but less meaty than the big early 50's U - hybrid I suppose but compared to many r/wood models it is  a touch more meaty
    Yes, I've got to the point where I like the big Nocaster style necks best, like on the Ancho Poblano Strat.  But they're not usually available with rosewood boards, except by special order I suppose.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14375
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

Yes, I've got to the point where I like the big Nocaster style necks best, like on the Ancho Poblano Strat.  But they're not usually available with rosewood boards, except by special order I suppose.
    Historically Fender never made such a big neck on a 60's rosewood board Strat - So it tends not to come up to often on a Custom Shop - A while ago I saw a few dealers offer a Noneck Strat, that was effectively a Nocaster big U neck on a Strat (as per the Ancho Strat) - Yes available as a custom order option, but rare on a stock item - Who knows one day I'll order a couple to be different
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    Hi Mark, 

I will see if i can escape up the M6 for an hour :)

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    That 'shop' should carry a health warning. It's ace!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    I don't have much of an excuse not to visit seeing as I'm only in Chesterfield! Perhaps when I get another contract and some bills have been paid off, savings restored etc I'll pop over. I turned 50 in April and didn't bother with a big present because of various circumstances. I fancy a real strat. I have a G&L SC-3 strat clone that I love (had it since 1988 when I bought it from new from Madin's Music in Chesterfield) but a real one would be nice.
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    I don't have much of an excuse not to visit seeing as I'm only in Chesterfield! Perhaps when I get another contract and some bills have been paid off, savings restored etc I'll pop over. I turned 50 in April and didn't bother with a big present because of various circumstances. I fancy a real strat. I have a G&L SC-3 strat clone that I love (had it since 1988 when I bought it from new from Madin's Music in Chesterfield) but a real one would be nice.