What age did you start guitar?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    16. Always had guitars in the house as my dad played a bit but never actually decided to pick it up myself until 16
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 235
    48. Wanted to play guitar as a kid but mother said it was a "yobbo's" instrument and the devil's spawn! Then would be told to get on practicing with my clarinet.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    I started learning when I was 17. I bought a cheap guitar from a teacher who was emigrating after a friend convinced me that playing guitar would make me more attractive to girls, He drew me some chord boxes to learn and I was away.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2240
    14 in 1976. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    I was 16, which means as of last month I've been playing guitar for more than half of my life. That's slightly terrifying. Maybe I should buy an anniversary guitar to celebrate..? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    34, but my son was born less than one year later, so practice time was cut severely short thereafter.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I was 13.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.