Had our car stolen last night ... can't believe how disrupting that is

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10455
in Off Topic tFB Trader
The missus went out to go to work this morning ... and some absolute scumbag had nicked our car. 
Only a banger ... a 20 year old Astra ... but it was my dad's he got to 90 and gave up driving so it passed to me ... it had only done 16,000 from new ... full service history. Totally gutted. 
It's not the money ... it's the hassle. trying to get an insurance payout ... finding another comparable car ... not really possible ... 
God I hate living in London sometimes.
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    That sucks - sorry to hear it Ash.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Sorry to hear. Hope it can be found. 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Oh that sucks! I worked in insurance for nearly 20 years... If you get any grief give me a shout

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10455
    tFB Trader
    Thanks Jonathan ... It throws ones life into a bit of a flat spin ... no transport sucks. It seems so pointless: a 20+ year old 1400cc saloon ... not a joy riding machine. Only loved by us because it was a bit of a family heirloom :-)
    Police think it was probably nicked for 'fill up and run' crime at garages ... and will probably be found, torched in Epping Forest. They are like an old English king: total Cnuts!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Oh that sucks! I worked in insurance for nearly 20 years... If you get any grief give me a shout
    Awww thanks dude ... I want to kneecap the bastards that did it ... that may be out of your skill set :-)

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Wankers. Sorry to hear that. 
    My V key is broken
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Awww thanks dude ... I want to kneecap the bastards that did it ... that may be out of your skill set :-)
    Well... I've lived in Newcastle for 14 years and work with teenagers with *ahem* challenging behavior. I know some guys ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    The mad thing is that we have lived in E10 for 22 years, and never had any sort of car crime against us before. The district has changed mind ... it used to be lots of old folks who'd lived in the East end for years ... now its all short term rent ... loads of drugged out kids on the streets ... fights and shouting late at night. 
    A musician friend asked if I fancied moving to Beirut ... hummmm ... you can legally shoot folks messing with your car there ... How does 'Oil City .... hand made in the Lebanon' sound?

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24807
    Aren't there some bastards about? Really sorry to hear that.

A friend of mine had a Fiat 500 taken from outside his flat recently - the Police reckon they either used a smart phone with an app that clones the keyless entry system - or they just towed it on to trailer....
    tFB Trader
     richardhomer said:
    Aren't there some bastards about? Really sorry to hear that.

A friend of mine had a Fiat 500 taken from outside his flat recently - the Police reckon they either used a smart phone with an app that clones the keyless entry system - or they just towed it on to trailer....

Thanks geezer ... there are some serious arseholes about 
    This was a pro job ... no toffee hammered window ... no mess ... clean steal. Gotta get some fast and cheap wheels now ... can't rely on the insurance company ... they seem to move with tektonic slowness. 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17619
    tFB Trader
    Bastards. 

Sorry to hear about that Ash.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6123
    From experience it will probably turn up in a weeks time, empty of fuel having been dumped at the roadside.
    Many older cars are nicked by opportunists looking for a free ride home.
    Mine was knicked in Wolverhampton and abandoned in Manchester.. the thieves even fixed the dodgy c!ock(!)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    tFB Trader
    Hope they fixed the rad fan sensor ... had to run the heater to stay with a cool engine in traffic 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5854
    Sorry to hear that, hope the thieving fuckers get their comeuppance one day. I had a car nicked about 15 years ago, from outside a mates house in Leeds. It was weird as I couldn't take it in and stood there looking up and down the street as if it was just going to materialise in a gap somewhere  :s
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    tFB Trader
    I keep looking up and down our road ... as if the car will somehow come home.

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Must feel absolutely dreadful :(
    I probably leave too much stuff in my car. Not the same thing exactly but this is why I started the topic on home security. 
    Hopefully the emotional impact will reduce over time. Sorry to hear this
    tFB Trader
    Thanks @thermaross20 it'll work out ... but its a cnut

Sorry if you mentioned but who is your insurance with?
    tFB Trader
    E Sure ... oh well

Oh, I don't know how they are but good luck.
    I've only ever been with direct line and find them to be excellent