A set of Oil City Pickups, designed by you - named after you?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    I'd never be able to decide. Though probably liprails. Lipstick and a rail in a P-90 sized housing.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10487
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    I'd never be able to decide. Though probably liprails. Lipstick and a rail in a P-90 sized housing.
    Proper lipsticks are that rare beast alnico 6 ... I have a source in the US ... take a few weeks to get here mind ... but pretty much anything's possible.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• rossirossi Frets: 1703
    rossi said:
    i would like Ash to make a replacement humbucker for my Vintage Zip .It plays  very well ,I love the neck ,cheap as it is ,and sounds OK but a coil split proper humbugger would sound better than the two strat ceramics roped tother though it does have a sound all of its own .It would make a great blues  guitar with some A5's.it knows its limitations .
    I always fancied one of those Zips when they came out ... I would suggest a hybrid design featuring quad opposed alnico 5 narrow magnets to get you a sort of humbucking P90 array. 
    It punches well above it weight which isnt much as its a semi hollow .Might have to talk with you about that pickup though it would probably cost a lot more than the 30 quid I paid for the Zip .They also made a slanted  twin lipstick  humbucker pickup with the same installation .
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    edited May 2017
    Sporky said:
    Proper lipsticks are that rare beast alnico 6 ... I have a source in the US ... take a few weeks to get here mind ... but pretty much anything's possible.
    There are Alnico 8 pickups but whatever happened to Alnico 7?  Aliens?  RGuitars? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1846
    I'd have a strat set to include  a fat 50's neck and middle and then a searing 69 style bridge would hot and fat 

and I'd call em' "Mrs T's"!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I'd have a strat set to include  a fat 50's neck and middle and then a searing 69 style bridge would hot and fat 

I pity the fool!

I ain't going in no plane..

Etc..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

A searing 69 always hits the spot ;-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27599

That should be the name.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    This is the best thing I have ever seen. After installing few Oil City pickups in guitars I am totally sold on them. 

I would want a very responsive JJ pickups for my Warwick Stage 2 that would go from low Warwick growl to very aggressive punch you in the stomach and slap you around the face and leave you stunned type of thing.

The Spankenator
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3078
    I'd go for a Strat set: grey bottom neck and middle and something SSL-5 like (but Masterwound) in the bridge. Sort of a Hendrix, Trower plus DG thing.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• My head's fallen off at winning this prize! As a user of Oil city pickups already this is the greatest thing ever. Thanks to @TheGuitarWeasel and @Bridgehouse. Now to start scheming...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    Liprails!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12906
    I'm almost glad I didn't win this. I'd never be able to choose.

*almost* glad. You lucky bugger :-D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I'll let the winners get in touch with me to arrange how want and what they want :-)