Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The "forum guitar" phenomenon

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    TTony;160507" said:
    Hymnal said:

@ttony and @monofin, the PRS came from an eBay seller called Hoagiebear in Nottingham. I bought it in winter '11 :) 

Thanks!  That's a full forum family history mapped out for that one now.

Makes me think maybe there's a forum book in that - much like the rock family trees that Pete Frame (iirc) used to sketch out.  We could do something similar, but pic-heavy for our forum guitars with lots of owner memories too  ....
    How about a tv show based on that show where they look at celebs ancestors and they get all teary eyed when they find out their ancestor was a one legged coal miner who supported 50 kids and was put in prison by the king who wanted his wife. Only we could look at who had the guitar before you. You could search back and get the original purchase receipt and previous owners could show gig pics and talk about memories then at the end have a big old jam session on it.

I know which one is rather watch and shed a tear to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    monofin said:
    I may be wrong but I think that haigh was actually built for someone on the forum. Lustycourtier or longtallronnie maybe. As I said I might be barking up the wrong tree.

The prs came from casperh7 - now hymnal I think - its wall hanger is still empty as I wonder why I let it go :((
    @lustycourtier @longtallronnie ??

@hymnal - do you remember any history of the PRS?  

@monofin - open that rather nice case that recently arrived at your place, take a look inside, and you'll remember why there's a spare wall hanger  ;)
    Wasn't me!
    I went through a patch where me and Nocaster had amps and guitars going back and forth but I've settled down lately. :)
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    IanSavage said:
    I really want back the hotrodded Vintage Strat-alike that's back up for sale on here...:/
    Well, you can't have it, I'm keeping it now!
    :P
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    monofin said:
    I may be wrong but I think that haigh was actually built for someone on the forum. Lustycourtier or longtallronnie maybe. As I said I might be barking up the wrong tree.

It was made for @eventhelosers who sold it to me, then I sold it to you, then........     :)