Why do people post utter drivel on facebook????

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Facebook is shit and everyone one it is a twat
    I take it you've got an account then?
    No I don't but it doesn't stop me from being a twat or making sweeping generalisations about 1.94 billion people, the majority of whom I don't know.
    Ah, you're a Twitter user then.
    I was for a while. I thought it was the high brow form of social media but my well crafted, witty and often acerbic tweets fell on deaf ears and it was a one way conversation. After I exceeded 12 followers I realised I had more followers than Jesus and felt it was time to transcend, so I closed my account.

I did have a LinkedIn account for a while as I thought it would be good to network professionally. But after I was offered redundancy by my employer and went through a few months of unplugging myself from The Matrix, and decided that I had no appetite to network with other rats on a treadmill I also closed that account. I toyed with the idea of changing my profile to "Semi Professional Gambler" and posting ridiculous and narcissistic self destructive comments about alcoholism in the workplace, but decided against it.

This is the only place I am online now. A shallow, lonely, over weight, alcohol fuelled, fool, posing as a Stephen King character with a picture of Ken Dodd, posting nonsense about guitars and stuff.  
    Yeah. But you are OUR shallow, lonely, over weight, alcohol fuelled fool.. 

And your Ken Dodd picture makes me chuckle every time. I had a beer with him once. He was an absolute gentleman.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Heard an interesting thing about data on my digital wireless while driving somewhere earlier.

Apparently most Facebook posts that start 'My Hudbsnd is' are followed by things like 'awesome', 'gorgeous', 'the best', 'my best friend', etc - while most Google searches which start with 'My Husband is' are followed by things like 'unfaithful', 'a loser', 'useless', etc....
    I heard that on R4. 

Facebook may well die off at some point , social media platforms only seem to last so long and no one under 20 will touch it now ( I appreciate this is a generalisation ). 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Heard an interesting thing about data on my digital wireless while driving somewhere earlier.

Apparently most Facebook posts that start 'My Hudbsnd is' are followed by things like 'awesome', 'gorgeous', 'the best', 'my best friend', etc - while most Google searches which start with 'My Husband is' are followed by things like 'unfaithful', 'a loser', 'useless', etc....
    I heard that on R4. 

Facebook may well die off at some point , social media platforms only seem to last so long and no one under 20 will touch it now ( I appreciate this is a generalisation ). 

I don't think it will die. It's currently doing a good impression of taking over from eBay..
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited May 2017
    This is my last FBook posting...

"When I lived next to the pub I did some historical research in the days b4 internet. I went and looked at the microfiches and tithe records at Surrey CC HQ in Kingston. This and trades people that came to cottage who were old locals who had old docs too and between these and old files I unearthed in Farnham Library, I managed to deduce: The current 'Cricketers Pub was built in early 1900s on the site of an older pub named the Sir William Cowdry - a prominent cricketer of the earlier era and hence the 'new' pub named 'The Cricketers'. In the pub complex was a wheelwright's shop and dairy (the old out buildings that also housed Folly Patterns!). The 4 cottages adjacent were built on common scrub around 1820 and provided small holdings for market garden and pig produce and at some point partly turned over to Hops. The once Hoover shop on end - now sports shop - was a butchers and slaughter house for the pigs. In fact when I arrived it was a small grocery/convenience shop and the hanging slaughter hooks still existed in the back of the shop. There are indeed springs at the back of Pub/Bethel Close and the old lady who sold us our cottage retained half the land to build a little bungalow in (roof of which can be seen below pics). She contained one open spring to provide a large fish pond.. The land behind old pub was very boggy but was a nice wild area to have as being located directly onto the bustling U H Rd (!), you had this magical calm oasis at the back of you"

++

I felt I just had to tell the FBook Musicians Buying and Selling community about this!!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

*Which I do, except more often ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Facebook is simply a tool/platform. How you choose to use it defines what you get out of it. It's a great source of info or a complete shitshow depending on how you approach it. I keep in touch with a few out of country mates, get info on when bands are touring and search for gear. 
     *insert Grandpa Simpson yelling at cloud pic*
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Its all in colour.. its gotta be real.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6140
    Drew_TNBD said:
    @axisus - I hate to break it to you dude, but 99.9% of your posts here are utterl drivel!!
    Oh bless.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    equalsql said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    @axisus - I hate to break it to you dude, but 99.9% of your posts here are utterl drivel!!
    Oh bless.
    Oh you disagree? Right here in blue and white: http://thefretboard.co.uk/profile/discussions/175/axisus

"Know anyone with pampered pets?"
    "anyone used dye?"
    "What's the weirdest thing you have found in your house?"

etc...

Some classics in there for sure!!!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24368
    To be fair though, most of the posts on here are utter drivel.  I should know.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    Emp_Fab said:
    Aye. It should really all just be wiped off the face of the planet.
    Nooooo...  embrace the drivel !!  :-)

Think yourselves lucky they've never managed to get polls working here.  I'd be asking everything from how many sugars do you take in your brew to what percentage of farts you do are safe in a lift.

Talking of farts - I like the ones where you're convinced it's safe to squeeze a small one out and it turns out to be nerve-gas.
    I've sometimes let one of those go and a couple of seconds later, someone has needed to bend down to get something off a shelf and they lower their face straight into the noxious cloud.  What do you do ?  Do you run ?  Do you apologise ?  One of life's dilemmas that needs answering.
    I gassed out the practice room a week or two ago. I just went "hey dudes I guffed... you'll smell it" and walked out the room to take a shit.

Came back 15minutes later and they were all still gagging and one of them had to leave the room.

Mission accomplished!
    You should have locked it from the outside. :-)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13945
    Facebook is shit and everyone one it is a twat
    I take it you've got an account then?
    No I don't but it doesn't stop me from being a twat or making sweeping generalisations about 1.94 billion people, the majority of whom I don't know.
    Ah, you're a Twitter user then.
    I was for a while. I thought it was the high brow form of social media but my well crafted, witty and often acerbic tweets fell on deaf ears and it was a one way conversation. After I exceeded 12 followers I realised I had more followers than Jesus and felt it was time to transcend, so I closed my account.

I did have a LinkedIn account for a while as I thought it would be good to network professionally. But after I was offered redundancy by my employer and went through a few months of unplugging myself from The Matrix, and decided that I had no appetite to network with other rats on a treadmill I also closed that account. I toyed with the idea of changing my profile to "Semi Professional Gambler" and posting ridiculous and narcissistic self destructive comments about alcoholism in the workplace, but decided against it.

This is the only place I am online now. A shallow, lonely, over weight, alcohol fuelled, fool, posing as a Stephen King character with a picture of Ken Dodd, posting nonsense about guitars and stuff.  
    Yeah. But you are OUR shallow, lonely, over weight, alcohol fuelled fool.. 

And your Ken Dodd picture makes me chuckle every time. I had a beer with him once. He was an absolute gentleman.
    Thanks Bridgy but I'm not licking your ring or anything, so don't get any funny ideas

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Title made me want to say "on facebook?" it's all drivel all the time in all the places ... ;)

The drivel I hate online is the "One simple change turned me from a 500lb land whale into Adonis' better looking brother, click this obviously crap link to find out more" or "toast actually cures cancel, we have proof, but science doesn't like it" 

Basically the constant stream of unmitigated and total bullshit that all the crystal rubbing morons I know lap up like its written by god... or Stephen Hawkins or the god-of-Stephen-Hawkinses 

The gullible fuckers on Facebook not only lap up all the ridiculous non-sense but then they share it with my bloody feed... I thought the last culling of idiots on facebook was enough, but seem there are still more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Should I get a kebab or leave now and get some chips at the beer fest?
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    axisus said:
    A female 'friend' of mine just posted this. She seems proud as her name is on the list!

Honesty, I just want to shake her and say "DAMN IT WOMAN, WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO YOU?? WHAT IS GOING THROUGH YOUR TINY MIND TO THINK THIS SHIT MEANS ANYTHING OR ANYONE IS EVEN INTERESTED????? GET A GRIP ON YOUR LIFE WOMAN!!!!!"

I don't have many friends ......

It's a serious question - Why do people post this stuff? I figure maybe it's a need to be noticed, a need to be approved by others, a need to be a part of other people's lives?

I notice that Nigella is not in the list, so that makes it wrong.  Also, and I may be wrong, that mixer looks like a baking tool. 

@axisus , please feel free to open up on your FB friend as you are perfectly correct. 
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    Emp_Fab said:

No, you should stop. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I gassed out the practice room a week or two ago. I just went "hey dudes I guffed... you'll smell it" and walked out the room to take a shit.

Came back 15minutes later and they were all still gagging and one of them had to leave the room.

Mission accomplished!
    Someone, who shall remain nameless, but looks exactly like me, did something similar in a lift in Peterboghorror's Queensgate centre lift. Just as we fell out the lift a bunch of young mums got in. It had worse fallout than Chernobyl.

I didn't hang around to see the aftermath. 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)