Why do people post utter drivel on facebook????

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
A female 'friend' of mine just posted this. She seems proud as her name is on the list!

Honesty, I just want to shake her and say "DAMN IT WOMAN, WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO YOU?? WHAT IS GOING THROUGH YOUR TINY MIND TO THINK THIS SHIT MEANS ANYTHING OR ANYONE IS EVEN INTERESTED????? GET A GRIP ON YOUR LIFE WOMAN!!!!!"

I don't have many friends ......

It's a serious question - Why do people post this stuff? I figure maybe it's a need to be noticed, a need to be approved by others, a need to be a part of other people's lives?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Can't see the pic.

Was the drivel that bad?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24625
    DanR said:
    Can't see the pic.

Was the drivel that bad?
    No worse than this thread to be fair.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17669
    tFB Trader
    Why do you read it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    DanR said:
    Can't see the pic.

Was the drivel that bad?
    No worse than this thread to be fair.
    Yeah, your probably right, just me ranting again. I'm off to play my guitar and cool down.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    axisus said:
    A female 'friend' of mine just posted this. She seems proud as her name is on the list!

Honesty, I just want to shake her and say "DAMN IT WOMAN, WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO YOU?? WHAT IS GOING THROUGH YOUR TINY MIND TO THINK THIS SHIT MEANS ANYTHING OR ANYONE IS EVEN INTERESTED????? GET A GRIP ON YOUR LIFE WOMAN!!!!!"

I don't have many friends ......

It's a serious question - Why do people post this stuff? I figure maybe it's a need to be noticed, a need to be approved by others, a need to be a part of other people's lives?

Well said man on an internet forum full of strangers.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    Nope. It's utter drivel. You are correct.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    Heard an interesting thing about data on my digital wireless while driving somewhere earlier.

Apparently most Facebook posts that start 'My Hudbsnd is' are followed by things like 'awesome', 'gorgeous', 'the best', 'my best friend', etc - while most Google searches which start with 'My Husband is' are followed by things like 'unfaithful', 'a loser', 'useless', etc....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6116
    Bored of posting it here?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    @axisus - I hate to break it to you dude, but 99.9% of your posts here are utterl drivel!!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Drew_TNBD said:
    @axisus - I hate to break it to you dude, but 99.9% of your posts here are utterl drivel!!
    Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment, I've been trying to get past plain drivel for a long time!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341
    axisus said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment, I've been trying to get past plain drivel for a long time!
    I can only aspire to plain drivel.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    edited May 2017
    Facebook is shit and everyone on it is a twat

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24849
    Facebook is shit and everyone one it is a twat
    I take it you've got an account then?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    No I don't but it doesn't stop me from being a twat or making sweeping generalisations about 1.94 billion people, the majority of whom I don't know.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    No I don't but it doesn't stop me from being a twat or making sweeping generalisations about 1.94 billion people, the majority of whom I don't know.
    Ah, you're a Twitter user then.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16152
    If it said "Mums who are into Hot Threesomes " and a list of names would it peak your interest a little more ?
    The Devil is in the detail.
    edited May 2017
    Ah, you're a Twitter user then.
    I was for a while. I thought it was the high brow form of social media but my well crafted, witty and often acerbic tweets fell on deaf ears and it was a one way conversation. After I exceeded 12 followers I realised I had more followers than Jesus and felt it was time to transcend, so I closed my account.

I did have a LinkedIn account for a while as I thought it would be good to network professionally. But after I was offered redundancy by my employer and went through a few months of unplugging myself from The Matrix, and decided that I had no appetite to network with other rats on a treadmill I also closed that account. I toyed with the idea of changing my profile to "Semi Professional Gambler" and posting ridiculous and narcissistic self destructive comments about alcoholism in the workplace, but decided against it.

This is the only place I am online now. A shallow, lonely, over weight, alcohol fuelled, fool, posing as a Stephen King character with a picture of Ken Dodd, posting nonsense about guitars and stuff.  

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616
    Don't do facebook, twitter or any of the other things....... most of it seems a pile of shit as the OP has shown
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11877
    Facebook - connect with 2 billion people and realise you don't like them and they don't like you, then quickly add everyone you've ever met so you look popular.

Twitter - pretend you are funny to a billion people who don't think you are!

Instagram - pretend you are sexy to a billion people who dont think you are!

LinkedIn - pretend you are networking when you really just want to know if the girls cold-calling you are hot or not.

I might be being cynical, but social media sucks my balls.

Also f**k memes.  They stopped being funny when the cat got his cheeseburger.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Ah, this explains why my wife can't cook! Thanks, OP, very informative!