SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT - Bad Cat Black Cat 30r Combo

HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
edited July 2017 in Amps £
Due to a bad back and age the combo is getting a bit heavy for me.

So, does anyone fancy trading a Bad Cat Black/Hot Cat 30r head (and cab if poss) for a 2014 Bad Cat Black Cat 30r Combo? Poss financial adjustments if necessary. I would consider other decent heads and cabs, (Freidman, Bogner etc) with two channels but the Bad Cats are my preferred choice.

Cheers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16112
    Or Bad Cat + Bad Back = Bad Luck !
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11939
    edited May 2017
    HoraceB said:
    Very long shot.

Due to a bad back and age the combo is getting a bit heavy for me.

So, does anyone fancy trading a Bad Cat Black Cat 30r head (and cab if poss) for a Bad Cat Black Cat 30r Combo? Poss financial adjustments if necessary. I would consider other decent heads (and cabs) but the Bad Cats are my preferred choice

You could say that Bad Cat & Bad Back not the best combo for me atm!

Cheers.

why not just have a cab made for it? you could use a very light cab for the amp tray, perhaps even Aluminium or plastic

get a speaker cab and move the speakers over - again you can go much lighter - look at the Victoria Twin tweed - the whole 2x12 combo is lighter than most 2x12 speaker cabs

btw@ Matchless used to sell branded head cabs to Combo owners, I have no idea if badcat ever did this
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    @ToneControl cheers for that. I will investigate further. Cool idea about the branded cabs, I'll write to Bad Cat.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11939
    you can run an amp head with no cab at all, just bolt a piece of wood or plastic or metal across the tray, and stand it upside down on rubber feet you can buy for £1 each, I used to run an old  valve hi fi amp this way
    Put it in a light weight box with plenty of padding to transport it

I take my DC30 and similar amps to be fixed this way, I don't take the whole combo

Make sure you don't touch a capacitor!!

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6840
    tFB Trader
    I made a head shell and cab out of my Black Cat Combo....

From this:

To this:

Made it SO much easier to do pub/club gigs. I made the cab so the baffle and speakers from the combo slotted straight in so there was no messing around making a whole new baffle/grill cloth.

I'm actually converting it back to the 2x12 combo this week for some in/out festival gigs we have next weekend. I'll let you know how my back feels  - mines flight cased too so it's DEFINITELY a 2 man lift - and i'f I'm feeling strong, I may consider moving these shells.

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    @ToneControl I think I'd be scared to got to gigs like that :) @miserneil That's really very impressive work, I'm not sure my woodworking skill would quite meet the challenge. Thanks for the suggestions chaps, definitely food for thought.
  • kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    Pm'd
    Back-strain Bump.