Manchester Arena explosion.

What's Hot

Comments

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Fretwired said:
    From the RAF to IS .. bomb on a Tornado about to head out on a raid .. go get 'em boys ..

Uhm... because bombing middle East has been such a successful solution so far...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30931

I'm been in Manchester all day and the spirit of defiance and positivity is amazing.

Smiles everywhere, people engaging, Oasis and the Smiths blaring out.

Police who've worked for 18 hours non stop, chatting to people, reassuring visitors.

This is a city that won't be moved or terrorised.

Total respect.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Uhm... because bombing middle East has been such a successful solution so far...
    Bit late for that ..... bomb the shit of them I say ....

Story is now in the Telegraph ... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/25/raf-crew-write-love-manchester-bomb-destined-islamic-state/

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Fretwired said:

And so the cycle continues!
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Fretwired said:

Story is now in the Telegraph ... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/25/raf-crew-write-love-manchester-bomb-destined-islamic-state/

And so it continues. 

Tomorrow some kids father doesn't come back home and he grows up to hate the West. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • BradBrad Frets: 662
    Fretwired said:

And so it continues. 

Tomorrow some kids father doesn't come back home and he grows up to hate the West. 
    The definition of insanity...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited May 2017
    Fretwired said:

These bombs will end up killing innocent kids in ISIS controlled areas no doubt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    What do people really think will happen if we just pull out of the Middle East (or never went there in the first place) and constantly turned the other cheek. Do you really think we'd just be left alone to our own devices? Absolute fantasy.
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Drew_TNBD said:
    What do people really think will happen if we just pull out of the Middle East (or never went there in the first place) and constantly turned the other cheek. Do you really think we'd just be left alone to our own devices? Absolute fantasy.
    How many Islamist terrorist attacks were there in Britain before we invaded Iraq?
  • Gassage said:

I'm been in Manchester all day and the spirit of defiance and positivity is amazing.

Smiles everywhere, people engaging, Oasis and the Smiths blaring out.

Police who've worked for 18 hours non stop, chatting to people, reassuring visitors.

This is a city that won't be moved or terrorised.

Total respect.

That's how we are James, it's in our bones. 

This is home. 

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11951
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I think Afghanistan fell to the Taliban before interventions from the western powers.They are a nasty bunch
    Why do people keep wanting to "prove" that everything is the fault of the western powers?
    I can't remember Germans launching suicide bomb attacks after ww2 was over

Who is occupying Libya? Did the Uk invade it?
    Yet this British man from a Libyan family thought it was justified to murder British kids
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    Drew_TNBD said:

We'd end up with not enough oil to power our defence systems........
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Of course nothing will change if we just pull out of the Middle East. It's gone way too far for that. 

So what do you suggest? Because current policy of bombing the place never stopped Monday night, London, Brussels, Paris, Berlin and it doesn't look like it will stop any time soon. 

I don't advocate turning the other cheek, but I think there needs to be another approach because the current one is clearly not working. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27143
    Significant parts of the Middle East have been mess for 2,000+ years. We have been trying to intervene for a thousand years and it's still the same. Many around the region personally blame Blair and Bush for the mess everything has become over the last 15 years. That is the major reason ISIS has taken hold. Obviously that was because of Bin Laden, which he saw as retaliation for the west's decadence since world war 2, etc etc. You can go back for centuries with blame and never reach the beginning. 

We are not helping and we shouldn't be getting involved any further without significant agreement from the rest of the world, which is what the UN is supposed to be for (not that they ever do anything useful)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    fftc said:
    Fretwired said:

And so the cycle continues!
    It's too late. We are at war with IS. We should bomb them in Libya and Iraq in support of the Iraqi army. Remember IS kill Muslims .. IS are in existence thanks to Tony Blair .. we owe to the people in Iraq to sort this mess out.

I'd pull out of Syria ... not sure what we hope to achieve.

edited May 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I think Afghanistan fell to the Taliban before interventions from the western powers.They are a nasty bunch
    Why do people keep wanting to "prove" that everything is the fault of the western powers?

Yet this British man from a Libyan family thought it was justified to murder British kids
    Yeah the Taliban were there before we went in. That's why we went in, on the fact/suspicion (delete as appropriate) they funded, supported and housed Bin Laden and it was the base for Al Qaeda. Only, we taught the Taliban everything they Now know about warfare when they were fighting the Soviets...

I don't strictly believe people want to 'prove' everything is the fault of western powers. However a pencil and ruler were taken to a very delicate region with no thought of the consequences. How can we not look complicit?

You're right, the Germans didn't launch suicide bomb attacks at us after the war. (Although they did send their children into battle in the last throes of the war). That didn't stop us absolutely pulverising Dresden though. It was a different time and a different enemy. This isn't a conventional enemy that can be fought in a conventional way. The war on terror isn't against a nation state. 

We didn't invade Libya as such, but Caneron was more than happy to join in the bombing and the overthrow of Gaddaffi... Who Tony Blair was friends with... Which created a power vacuum which has been filled by Isis.

These bombings are being carried by those born in the countries they attack. I think we need to start looking a bit closer to home to try and deal with this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017

Drew_TNBD said:

Don't forget who trained and armed the Taliban - the CIA. The Taliban were given sophisticated air-to-air missiles and all sorts of tech. The were a response to the Russian invasion.

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Cabot Circus (main shopping area) has been evacuated and lots of surrounding roads closed off here in Bristol this evening. Sniffer dogs and several ambulances there apparently. Not sure what's happening. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Dudes islamic terrorist groups have been terrorising what was known as Christendom for centuries. The crusades were a defense after hundreds of years of aggression.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11951
    Brad said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

Yeah the Taliban were there before we went in. That's why we went in, on the fact/suspicion (delete as appropriate) they funded, supported and housed Bin Laden and it was the base for Al Qaeda. Only, we taught the Taliban everything they Now know about warfare when they were fighting the Soviets...

I don't strictly believe people want to 'prove' everything is the fault of western powers. However a pencil and ruler were taken to a very delicate region with no thought of the consequences. How can we not look complicit?

You're right, the Germans didn't launch suicide bomb attacks at us after the war. (Although they did send their children into battle in the last throes of the war). That didn't stop us absolutely pulverising Dresden though. It was a different time and a different enemy. This isn't a conventional enemy that can be fought in a conventional way. The war on terror isn't against a nation state. 

We didn't invade Libya as such, but Caneron was more than happy to join in the bombing and the overthrow of Gaddaffi... Who Tony Blair was friends with... Which created a power vacuum which has been filled by Isis.

These bombings are being carried by those born in the countries they attack. I think we need to start looking a bit closer to home to try and deal with this. 
    I can't remember the last time Hindus were launching terror attacks in the UK, or the Sikhs, or the Jains, or the Buddhists
    We occupied a lot of countries. Any Jamaicans or Bajans killing English kids?

How can the non-Muslim population of the UK solve this problem?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom