Dorje' gear nicked in Berlin

What's Hot

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    If im honest, i havent seen any "begging" comments to set up a gofundme account
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Fretwired said:

Except...that's not what actually happened.
    What did actually happen?
    As I said...

Sorry .. I should have been clearer. I meant the robbery. Was the van actually locked? Was the stuff on display?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26592
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Except...that's not what actually happened.
    What did actually happen?
    As I said...

Sorry .. I should have been clearer. I meant the robbery. Was the van actually locked? Was the stuff on display?
    Ah. From the videos and Facebook posts, it seems that the van was unlocked because they were loading their gear in after the gig - presumably the thief just grabbed the bags from the other side of the van from where they were standing.

Ironically, it's not long since they put the videos up saying how fantastic their new, large touring backpacks are. More stuff in one bag = more to lose in one go, I guess :(
    <space for hire>
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Going on Rabea's video, they were in and around the van on the load out when the stuff "disappeared".

Anyone who gigs can vouch for how these situations can be hard to control. A forumite lost a couple of Suhrs in this way a few years ago.

I don't know this club, but I did know the area well. It's more than "edgy". There's a guitar shop there, just a few doors down, with an interesting concept: they're also an off-license. :beer:

According to recent press reports, it might even have got worse since I was last there:
    https://www.morgenpost.de/berlin/article207434425/So-gefaehrlich-ist-es-rund-um-das-Kottbusser-Tor-wirklich.html
    Bang that through online translation for the gist and all the keywords that should set alarm bells ringing. 

On the plus side, if you're not easily cowed there's great food around there including one of Germany's cheapest all-you-can-eat breakfasts. Just don't take any valuables. Or your hot girlfriend.
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    Jetfire said:
    If im honest, i havent seen any "begging" comments to set up a gofundme account
    Yeah, but don't let the truth get in the way of spreading a bit of tFB brand bad will or schadenfreude.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Which I now realise is ironically German.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    What does make me lol is he asks if anyone saw anything to let me them know. Apparently one of the band were less than 3 ft foot from the van at all times  (or similar proximity) and they missed it happening.

I used to think this whole thing was a cheeky but if people want to pay, crack on. I just doubt they would repay the 300+ people who have donated so far.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    I think they said they were 'Thinking of ways that they could repay the generosity'. Im pretty sure that doesn't mean paying back the money, but im equally sure that those who have donated haven't done so with any expectation of getting the money back.
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Jetfire said:
    What does make me lol is he asks if anyone saw anything to let me them know. Apparently one of the band were less than 3 ft foot from the van at all times  (or similar proximity) and they missed it happening.
    This is the home turf of some of Germany's most skilled pickpockets. Also organised crime rackets. To be honest, the lads in the band ought to be glad they didn't see anything, otherwise we might've had an entirely different sort of thread here. Even if it wasn't a gang, the random junkies can be really nasty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    It's just a bit painful or maybe I'm just old fashioned. Well if you insist on sending us money...
    Did we really need two channels on YouTube mentioning the "appeal" but stressing there is no obligation?
    If someone random had just started it who wasn't connected as a nice gesture, that's very different.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    Even if they were asked to/suggested to do the donations thing, it was a poor judgment to actually do it. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    TimmyO said:
    Even if they were asked to/suggested to do the donations thing, it was a poor judgment to actually do it. 
    This. Even if begged, beggars can be ignored. In fact as a rule of thumb, that's pretty good practice.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    They are up to 7k. That's pretty amazing.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    This is my gripe. Its not Dorjes fault but... 

The worlds going to hell in a handbasket. 
    The nhs is up shit creek, police are being cut, animals without homes, elderly without enough to get by etc etc. 

But a band loses thousands of pounds or however much of gear and people have given them 7 fucking grand!! 

I beg that one day these people with influence over the masses will use their powers for good. 

Aye ya ya. Maybe I'm shitty, but what we had here (dosh for the Ross) was truly heroic! 

Those guys though (Dorje) have jobs (multiple amazing ones) and their health. 

I know they didnt ask per se, but jeez, I wish people would be so generous for what actually matters in this world. 

Imagine the world we could live in. 

Imagine what could be achieved if no one gave a shit about taking the credit. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    But I also feel how pissed they must be. I've been mugged, broken into and had my stuff vandalised tonnes of times. 

So, the other part of me thinks it is awesome, and they really are blessed to have been given so much by the people. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    There is 5 pages of posts now, and I was waiting for someone else to say it, but no one has. 

It looks like Rob has been Robbed! 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4538
    I think if they'd said, ok we need 3 and a half grand to get out of here. If we get near that we'll close the donation page down then that be better
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    There is 5 pages of posts now, and I was waiting for someone else to say it, but no one has. 

It looks like Rob has been Robbed! 
    Page one ... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Hey! I'm on the list of contributors.

I've done something good and I'm getting recognition for it.

:D
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    DLM said:
    Going on Rabea's video, they were in and around the van on the load out when the stuff "disappeared".

Anyone who gigs can vouch for how these situations can be hard to control. A forumite lost a couple of Suhrs in this way a few years ago.

I don't know this club, but I did know the area well. It's more than "edgy". There's a guitar shop there, just a few doors down, with an interesting concept: they're also an off-license. :beer:

According to recent press reports, it might even have got worse since I was last there:
    https://www.morgenpost.de/berlin/article207434425/So-gefaehrlich-ist-es-rund-um-das-Kottbusser-Tor-wirklich.html
    Bang that through online translation for the gist and all the keywords that should set alarm bells ringing. 

On the plus side, if you're not easily cowed there's great food around there including one of Germany's cheapest all-you-can-eat breakfasts. Just don't take any valuables. Or your hot girlfriend.
    Doesn't sound that bad in the article. Sounds a lot less scary than the rough parts of Lisbon for example!  Or closer to home, Edmonton Green or Seven Sisters.