The most confusing storyline in a film or TV show you've seen?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10296
    Pingu.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Rocker said:
    The Exorcist. I have often wondered how I managed to stay till the end of the film. A waste of good film IMHO.
    It hasn't dated very well but it was a great film at the time. I thought the plot was pretty straightforward too tbh. 

Lost though, Jeez. The missus and I persevered and watched the whole thing. Made no sense at all after about series three and then got more and more bizarre as it went on: it even had time travel  in it at one point. God knows why the tv company kept pouring money into it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    Rocker said:
    The Exorcist. I have often wondered how I managed to stay till the end of the film. A waste of good film IMHO.
    It hasn't dated very well but it was a great film at the time. I thought the plot was pretty straightforward too tbh. 

I recently re-watched it and,although some of the acting is pretty shonky by todays standards,I still think it's a great film.The subliminal images that flash up on screen still get me to this day.

And it still shits on most modern 'horror',not so much in how scary it is but in how it manages to 'unsettle' you.The only modern horror film that has come close,to me,was the first Paranormal Activity.I came out of the cinema feeling genuinely creeped out.
  • IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    Has anyone here seen Skjult, a movie from Norway? World class atmosphere, great acting... but baffling. I'd seen a couple of movies from Norway and Sweden and found them amazing... but I'd love to decipher the chief idea of this one, as it were.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I came into this thread to mention Primer funnily enough. I'm pretty sure it does make sense but it's just out of the reach of my brainpower.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    boogieman said:
    Rocker said:

I recently re-watched it and,although some of the acting is pretty shonky by todays standards,I still think it's a great film.The subliminal images that flash up on screen still get me to this day.

And it still shits on most modern 'horror',not so much in how scary it is but in how it manages to 'unsettle' you.The only modern horror film that has come close,to me,was the first Paranormal Activity.I came out of the cinema feeling genuinely creeped out.
    I'd recommend a punt on "The Babadook" for another unsettling horror. It starts off edgy and sticks with it.

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• WezVWezV Frets: 16730
    Lost makes perfect sense.   It's the story of how some writers started with a good idea, got too ambitious and totally forgot to think of an answer to all the questions they set up.

I am fairly sure by the end they were just googling fan theories, rating them in order of popularity, and rolling a dice to see which one they would use.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    Rocker said:

I'd recommend a punt on "The Babadook" for another unsettling horror. It starts off edgy and sticks with it.
    Good call @TheBlueWolf ;

My missus didn't like it but I thought it was really good.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4647
    Sprited Away.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28426
    Awake.

Cop is in accident, and now when he goes to sleep he flicks to a different reality. In one his son died in the accident, in the other his wife did.

Details of cases start to cross over. He sees a different psychiatrist on each side. It was excellent, and, predictably, cancelled.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16730
    Sporky said:
    Awake.

Cop is in accident, and now when he goes to sleep he flicks to a different reality. In one his son died in the accident, in the other his wife did.

Details of cases start to cross over. He sees a different psychiatrist on each side. It was excellent, and, predictably, cancelled.
    Yeah, I really liked that one.
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    WezV sai mored:
    Lost makes perfect sense.   It's the story of how some writers started with a good idea, got too ambitious and totally forgot to think of an answer to all the questions they set up.

I am fairly sure by the end they were just googling fan theories, rating them in order of popularity, and rolling a dice to see which one they would use.
    You jest but I'm pretty sure that's what actually happened. Enjoyed it till time started moving sideways as well as forwards and backwards. Honourable mentions already mentioned, Donnie Dario, Interstellar and Inception. Interception makes the most sense to me but had me scratching my head the first time round.