Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Pink Floyd exhibition at the V&A

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24864
    edited October 2017
    I partiularly liked the Division Bell area, but only know High Hopes from that album. How is it regarded by Floyd fans?
    Not well generally - diehards think anything after Waters left is rubbish.

Personally, I really like it - seeing the Candy Apple Red Strat that was used so extensively on the Pulse DVD was a real thrill for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Division Bell is one of my favourite albums. Not just Pink Floyd but in general. Coming Back To Life is my stand out track. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Division Bell is my least favourite Floyd album.

I've actually got one of Richard Wright's polo shirts from that tour, his son gave it to my friend and she passed it on to me.
  • Hmm, mixed opinions then. I'll give it a listen this week and decide which side to take. That is very cool regarding the polo.
  • Managed to go to this today, really enjoyed it. I've only recently got into Pink Floyd the last couple of months but this was layed out very well and I actually learnt quite a lot. Picked up the official catalogue to read as well.

I partiularly liked the Division Bell area, but only know High Hopes from that album. How is it regarded by Floyd fans?
    It's not terrible but it's one of the last I'd reach for if I was having an evening in with the Floyd.  There's some great guitar work on it, but I find the songs themselves a bit weak in general.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1075
    I love 'what do you want from me' from the division bell. Dave busts out some angry sounding licks.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24864
    I love 'what do you want from me' from the division bell. Dave busts out some angry sounding licks.

I think his playing in general on the album’s exceptional - likewise on Pulse, the live album from the tour.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    I prefer the Division bell to all of Waters solo stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9811
    I must admit to quite liking The Division Bell. Not so keen on A Momentary Lapse of Genius.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2648
    I love The Division Bell too. I adore 'Marooned', which is such a great instrumental.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12068
    I've liked all the PF albums post Waters, MLOR and DB were great albums